Laundry Service

Rebels82

I almost didnt send my laundry out after the behind the scenes tour guide told us how the laundry was done

Each piece has a tag made for it and then it is washed and pressed

On another note I feel like bringing my laundry on the cruise with me because they did an unbelievable job

OK not really but i will send my laundry out again

I sent out a pair of linen pants to be pressed only. They came back with a decent sized hole ( about a quarter sized!) near the waist band that was also discolored around it. These were brand new pants, worn once prior. I did not say anything because I had washed them before sailing and thought it WAS possible something happened in my machine (a snag on something?) and I may have brought them on board like that. I highly doubted it, but I said nothing. I just know I won't send out anything even remotely delicate to be pressed or laundered again.

When one uses the Laundry Service, do the clothes come back pressed and ready to wear?

Yes, most definitely. And I'm someone who is sensitive to chemicals in fabric!

My friend loves to have the ship launder her jeans. She says they stay extra soft and comfy for a long time, even after she washes them at home.

How much is laundry service on NCL?

By the piece and fairly expensive, but once a cruise they do a bag special at $29. The bag is about 2/3 the size of a typical college-kid's-laundry-bag and that's the closest thing to a deal.

... Platinum members get free laundry on the special day.

On the cruises I have been on lately the Platinum members can fill the bag and give it in on any day just writing their status on the slip. I did this last cruise and they honored it without a problem. I think this is a change since on some cruises they run the special more than once and some Plat were getting more than one bag per plat a cruise.

On the cruises I have been on lately the Platinum members can fill the bag and give it in on any day just writing their status on the slip. I did this last cruise and they honored it without a problem. I think this is a change since on some cruises they run the special more than once and some Plat were getting more than one bag per plat a cruise.

On our most recent Gem cruise we didn't put ours out on the special day but 2 days later, mainly because we forgot. We didn't get charged but I didn't realize there had been an official change in policy. I thought we'd just gotten lucky.

On our most recent Gem cruise we didn't put ours out on the special day but 2 days later, mainly because we forgot. We didn't get charged but I didn't realize there had been an official change in policy. I thought we'd just gotten lucky.

Mine was on the Gem in Feb 2015. Maybe its just the Gem

Expensive, but there will be a laundry special at least once on the cruise--$29 for all you can fit into the laundry bag. And it's a very big bag. Platinum members get free laundry on the special day.

Yes except it's a thin paper bag. It rips easily if you try to stuff too many dirty clothes in it.