Mariner credit for onboard charges

Nice you were credited for those days. Did you have to ask for them or did HAL do it automatically?
It was automatic ... and a surprise!

What happens if you spent say 1800 ...
It's the spending that counts, not how you pay for it. :) Edited by jtl513

Nice you were credited for those days. Did you have to ask for them or did HAL do it automatically?

It was automatic ... and a surprise!

I said "a year after our Cruise-Tour", but what I meant was a year after the Star Program started.

OP, I will just say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! We had something similar a couple of years age, I posted about it, no one could figure it out, even with their generous rounding up, we got 3 or 4 extra days. I got our TA to look into it, when she got no response, I emailed the Mariner Society..... The consensus was to just smile and say thank you! It got us to 4 stars - which was why I was concerned. I was worried that they would take it away when they realized what they had done. I do think they figured the advance spending separately from the on board spending, and perhaps gave even more days for any OBC, etc!

... and perhaps gave even more days for any OBC, etc!
OBC doesn't figure into it at all. They are not spending (debits), but credits paying for your debits.

I have found them to be quite generous in their rounding/calculating. My onboard spend was $691 and so I was only expecting 2 bonus days but they gave me an extra one for the $91.
I think they give 1 credit for any part of $300 spent. For example $300 to $599 gets you 2 days ... and everyone is basically guaranteed to get at least 1 credit,

Edited by jtl513

OBC doesn't figure into it at all. They are not spending (debits), but credits paying for your debits.

I think they give 1 credit for any part of $300 spent. For example $300 to $599 gets you 2 days ... and everyone is basically guaranteed to get at least 1 credit,

Except for those who remove HSC and do not spend a cent aboard. Every now and then someone posts they spent a week on the ship and never spent any money. :eek:

Our first HAL cruise will be in July in Alaska. We are taking the land tour, 6 nights, first and then the 7 night cruise. That gives us 13 nights. So will we receive 13 credits for that?

Thank you!

OP, I will just say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! We had something similar a couple of years age, I posted about it, no one could figure it out, even with their generous rounding up, we got 3 or 4 extra days. I got our TA to look into it, when she got no response, I emailed the Mariner Society..... The consensus was to just smile and say thank you! It got us to 4 stars - which was why I was concerned. I was worried that they would take it away when they realized what they had done. I do think they figured the advance spending separately from the on board spending, and perhaps gave even more days for any OBC, etc!

We figured that to be the case with the gift horse. Do you know if you cross star levels while on a cruise, do you get the increase in services? Not so much the laundry for this cruise but the restaurant discounts?

Our first HAL cruise will be in July in Alaska. We are taking the land tour, 6 nights, first and then the 7 night cruise. That gives us 13 nights. So will we receive 13 credits for that?

Thank you!

Yes

We figured that to be the case with the gift horse. Do you know if you cross star levels while on a cruise, do you get the increase in services? Not so much the laundry for this cruise but the restaurant discounts?

No. You have to wait until the next cruise (the World Cruise may be an exception to this).

Thank you!

Yes, you'll get 13 day credits for the number of days and will also get one day credit for every $300 in spending such as for drinks, HSC, photos, excursions through HAL, spa services etc