Spa treatments- which were your faves?

NOLAbebe

Did anyone have any standout treatments or combo packages they'd recommend? Anything you'd skip next time? May I ask why?

When it goes on sale...usually like scalp, feet, and back massage or hands, feet and back...around probably 99 or 109 now (1 hour total)....but like second or third day they usually advertise a special...I really need it and do it very very little now....saving money..so on vacation I really missed it and never again..it sets the relax mode. I did one special like this one cruise when ohh it was like 89 or so...and then they offered me an early am hr slot one at end of week; last day....did a one hr full body massage for a percentage off....for the first one of day...they call you 15 minutes before and then you do that and shower and heaven for end of cruise too...loved both and lucked out with good therapist..they are all trained.,,.but it is a gift..you know..and a proper "match" for your needs and mine was great.

We need to treat ourselves...and yes you pay more per hr than your favorite at home therapist often but Carnival has specials and are probably the best for at sea prices..I love that they have that,,,and the trio is good way to test a therapist...then can repeat if you like..and they are trained. Just nicely say no to lotion and potion sales pitch they "have to" give you and they will honor that and try to honor them with a tip if you like them....had a great therapist this way for these 2 treatments on a 4 day cruise that made it a real REST!

I understand the :o but good on you...:)..no need to be :o even though we women are...time to receive...blessings..Sarah

PS Skipping facials skips as many sales pitches too...but do it if you like..just be ready for more ideas..sigh..what I do not like but this is not the Ritz..LOL probably thousands in lotion ideas there...

Edited by sjn911

Great - I would agree that a hot stone is way to go at least for an add on.top notch.

Fair to no- the ion therapy wrap thing - supposed to be for detox/weight loss (recommended at seminars they offer) results are only temporary (water loss) and a big commercial.

Fair - not my thing but got sample of bamboo - rather pay for something else.

Surprising very good - Beauty- did the makeup in one product demo or something like that. It was a produc by Steiner called California Sun Gliw that comes boxed in this small clay like vessel with a cork. It holds a very orangy powder.

Demo is how it can be used as body bronzer, overall face bronzer,eyeshadow etc.

Seeing is believing - it is best bronzer that works and adds a glow- a dab and knock off excess in brush does my face. Haven't done the self tanner method yet- but they used me as a demo on ship - used a milk bath/ moisturizer lotion and added some colored powder pinch to it- slathered on for nice glow like tan to my legs. Want more tan add more product. Seminar was free, and product 1/2 off. Have never seen the clay pot full of loose bronzer elsewhere.

Very good - express foot massage- really enjoyed, but taken back by our therapist pulling out a pail and doing right in beauty chair near the salon door entrance. Not exact setting I had in mind. She also seemed rush as was formal night.

Edited by Buffettfan 225
Typo

I like the combo specials they run. Top to toe. Massage, facial, etc. Always try to get the managers special they offer at the spa raffle. Book first night before dinner and all work stress is gone. :). Usually you can add hot stones to these specials for small fee.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great thread. I have always wanted to try the spa and never could decide what to do. It is good to here other's opinions.

I have heard that if you tell them before that you are not going to buy anything and ask them to skip the sales pitch and youwill tip good that you can bypass the pitch. Anyone done that? Nothing worse than getting all relaxed and then tensing back up because someone is hard selling you.

A total body massage which included exfoliation, hot stones, foot and scalp massage and a mini facial. I get this every cruise. Yes, they try to sell you products. If I am interested, I will buy, if not, I will say "no thank you". People act like they tie you down and won't let you leave unless you buy something. It really isn't that big a deal. Just say "no thank you".

Edited by Butterbean1000

A total body massage which included exfoliation, hot stones, foot and scalp massage and a mini facial. I get this every cruise. Yes, they try to sell you products. If I am interested, I will buy, if not, I will say "no thank you". People act like they tie you down and won't let you leave unless you buy something. It really isn't that big a deal. Just say "no thank you".

Do you remember the cost of that one? Sounds like a really good one. Includes a bit of everything.

I try to catch this one when it's on sale. I believe it was around $150 last time. You usually have to wait towards the end of the cruise. I'm thinking maybe it was on the last sea day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will have to look for that one and convince DH that it is necessary. Maybe I can show him his bar bill! :D

On the Splendor the Serenity Spa offered a couples treatment called Rasul I think. It was a scrub, sauna, shower, repeat then moisturizer. It was private do it yourself maybe 30 min in the private room area for like 90.00 two years ago. Used all the spa products, we had wonderful soft skin!!:D

I have heard that if you tell them before that you are not going to buy anything and ask them to skip the sales pitch and youwill tip good that you can bypass the pitch. Anyone done that? Nothing worse than getting all relaxed and then tensing back up because someone is hard selling you.

Whats a GOOD tip? Whats good for me may be cheap for them?

20%?

Whats a GOOD tip? Whats good for me may be cheap for them?

20%?

That is a very good question. 20% seems high when you are talking about adding another $30 onto a $150 spa treatment. I wonder how much they get paid? I don't believe that they are Carnival employees. Isn't the Spa like the shops that it is not Carnival but an outside vendor?

Did anyone have any standout treatments or combo packages they'd recommend? Anything you'd skip next time? May I ask why?

I would definitely have skipped my last pedicure. The salon technician kept falling asleep- seriously- and my toes ended up looking like a two year old's water color project.