Interesting articel on Siver Wind in Cruise Travel Mag.

alexandra cruiser

Can you maybe share the key points. It appears you have to subscribe and I'm not interested in doing that for one article. Will say we've been on the Wind for some 30+ days over the past couple of years including 18 days this past May and found the ship to be in great condition.

Edited by Randyk47

And wonder ,those of you have read it and gone on the ship after refurb.

Did you agree?

Will be taking my first cruise on it next yr.

Glowing review, so that s a plus.

Tried to find this article and/or link. BUT, had no luck. Appreciate this sharing, but it would be great if you could share more specifics and/or how to read the story details.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 101,655 views for this posting.

it was praising all the refurb done. Glowing comments about suite they had,food in all the rest.Great staff,entertainment,etc. Had nice photos and does look great in them.

Just a very nice, complete review with photos.Sorry, thought more cruisers read it since I got the name here on CC and subscribed.Assumed there would be online link,but you know what they say about the ass u me.hhahha

it was praising all the refurb done. Glowing comments about suite they had,food in all the rest.Great staff,entertainment,etc. Had nice photos and does look great in them.

Just a very nice, complete review with photos.Sorry, thought more cruisers read it since I got the name here on CC and subscribed.Assumed there would be online link,but you know what they say about the ass u me.hhahha

Well we were on the Wind before and after the last major dry dock. Interestingly we thought she was in pretty good condition before so I can't say we noticed a whole of difference on the cruise following the dry dock. We were unable to get the Medallion suite we had on the first cruise so didn't have that point of reference. We were on a back-to-back and I do admit at the changeover in Venice I wandered down the hallway and stuck my head into the cabin we'd had the previous year. Having spent 14 days in it I had pretty good memories of how it looked and would say it looked refreshed with new carpet, curtains, etc.

As for the staff, food, etc., I'd have to say some aspects were the same, some better, and some worse. Generally the service across the board was excellent on both cruises so I'd rate that as the same. On the second cruise we got to know the restuarant manager well and he was super. Definitely a better. The worse for us was that the La Terrazza, which had been our favorite dining venue on the first cruise, was lacking in food quality and service on the second cruise and we eventually just avoided dinner there. Entertainment was about the same and we enjoyed it.

Edited by Randyk47

and did enjoy the web link.Great photos.

Good to hear article was correct.

Looking forward to Wind next Oct.in Med.PS.cute cats ,I have 3 also,and a beagle.We have a nice group who chat about pets under Flowtaway lounge section,called Are you an animal lover.They love to see cute pet photos,etc.

and did enjoy the web link.Great photos.

Good to hear article was correct.

Looking forward to Wind next Oct.in Med.PS.cute cats ,I have 3 also,and a beagle.We have a nice group who chat about pets under Flowtaway lounge section,called Are you an animal lover.They love to see cute pet photos,etc.

Thanks for the kind words about our website. All credit to Mrs. K as she's the main writer, editor, and our webmaster. As for animals we've put a hold on getting a dog for the time being. Cats are much easier to accommodate when we travel, which is a bit for work and pleasure, so until we are home more we'll stick with cats.

Enjoy the Wind. We actually looked hard at her itineraries for this year but most repeated too many ports from our previous cruises on her. The switch to the Spirit had nothing to do with any dissatisfaction with the Wind.

Edited by Randyk47