Booking Onboard - Help to arm me with knowledge

tamirpr

I've never booked onboard before, but are leaving on a cruise tomorrow.

We currently have a Platinum VIFP offer for the Vista for Med cruises which includes a $200 OBC, price protection, etc. If we book onboard this weekend, will we be able to take advantage of the booking onboard OBC also? I have done a mock booking using the promo code, picked a room and have final costs with taxes to make sure rates are the same.

Anything else I should know? TIA!

We like to have our room narrowed down before we go, if possible. There are usually lines to book, and they don't have too much time to start from scratch. Go early in the week, and go early in the day. Bring your sail and sign card with you.

I think you will be able to use both $200 OBC. Good luck!

I print out the mock booking with the price and hand it to the future cruise guy. They appreciate having all of the information in front of them including the room number. Too many people don't even know when they want to cruise.

I go looking for him on embarkation day. He's not to busy by then and only a few people are waiting for him. Be sure to book before the Future Cruise talk is held because then the line gets really long. It only takes 2 or 3 people in line to burn up an hour or more.

I have never seen a promotion the on board booking wouldn't stack with. You can also stack Stock Owner OBC with this and the other promotions.

I print out the mock booking with the price and hand it to the future cruise guy. They appreciate having all of the information in front of them including the room number. Too many people don't even know when they want to cruise.

I go looking for him on embarkation day. He's not to busy by then and only a few people are waiting for him. Be sure to book before the Future Cruise talk is held because then the line gets really long. It only takes 2 or 3 people in line to burn up an hour or more.

I have never seen a promotion the on board booking wouldn't stack with. You can also stack Stock Owner OBC with this and the other promotions.

Booking onboard won't work with group promotions. You cannot book onboard then roll it into a group booking.

Go to the desk early in the cruise. The line gets longer farther along in the cruise. Have alternate cabins chosen as well. We booked one cruise on the day after embarkation, and some of the cabins we were interested in were gone.

When we book our cruises on board, we have all of the info with us. We also re-check on board, just to make sure of the prices. The FC person is very grateful that all the work is done beforehand. We are always told stories from them about the people that have no idea what type of cabin they want and where they want to be located.

All these posts are good advice. We booked onboard for the first time this Feb. The booking took a long time. He kept complaining about the speed of his connection.

Have as many details of what you want narrowed down before you go. I felt I had more knowledge of what the options were than the FC guy did, so I would not plan on relying on his expert advice.

It was worth it to get the OBC - plus it was a great feeling when debarking to know for sure we would be back!

All these posts are good advice. We booked onboard for the first time this Feb. The booking took a long time. He kept complaining about the speed of his connection.

Have as many details of what you want narrowed down before you go. I felt I had more knowledge of what the options were than the FC guy did, so I would not plan on relying on his expert advice.

It was worth it to get the OBC - plus it was a great feeling when debarking to know for sure we would be back!

If speed is running slow you can also leave paperwork with the FC so they can lock in the booking/room. Did that on one of the previous cruises with the FC since it was taking too long to get everything locked in. Got the room we wanted with no problems.

Also if a particular room is not showing, the FC has access to see all rooms available that may not be showing when doing a mock booking. So if there is anothr room interested in, just inquire.

If you book on board for a future cruise, it is a good idea to book the Past Guest Rate which is usually only $20.00 pp more than the Early Saver rate. The Past guest rate is fully changeable and refundable unlike Early Saver which has the $50.00pp change fee and the deposit is non refundable but can be used toward a future cruise within 24 months.

Before final payment, you can always change this Past Guest rate to a cheaper rate including Early Saver (if still available) or even a different itinerary/ship and the OBC will go to the new rate or itinerary. I have done this many times and it has worked without a problem.:cool:

I've never booked onboard before, but are leaving on a cruise tomorrow.

We currently have a Platinum VIFP offer for the Vista for Med cruises which includes a $200 OBC, price protection, etc. If we book onboard this weekend, will we be able to take advantage of the booking onboard OBC ?TIA!

From someone who booked Vista on announcement day while on the Magic....

It's all going to depend on the FC reps experience level.

On my cruise, the rep couldn't do anything above and beyond booking past guest rates. She knew about the platinum vifp offer but couldn't apply it.

If your rep can't book it, then just book a refundable rate and call when you get back home. Make sure you reiterate that rep was not able to book it.

I had to go round and round on the phone when I got back. Mainly because the rep booked us in a non-refundable rate. I raised cane that it was thru the fault of the FC rep that we were not able to do the platinum vifp offer. (The reason for the raising cane was because we got back to land 3 days later and the price had gone up $800).

But just make sure you stay on top of the reps. I personally think the ship based reps are less experienced than the land bases ones.

Edited by gone_cruisin

I've never booked on board. What do you receive when doing this?

Based on length of cruise, different amounts of O.B.C to use on the cruise you are booking. You also get two certificates that you can give to someone else to use to receive OBC if they book the same cruise within sixty days.

Based on length of cruise, different amounts of O.B.C to use on the cruise you are booking. You also get two certificates that you can give to someone else to use to receive OBC if they book the same cruise within sixty days.

Can someone use the certificate if they've already booked the same cruise?

If speed is running slow you can also leave paperwork with the FC so they can lock in the booking/room. Did that on one of the previous cruises with the FC since it was taking too long to get everything locked in. Got the room we wanted with no problems.

Also if a particular room is not showing, the FC has access to see all rooms available that may not be showing when doing a mock booking. So if there is anothr room interested in, just inquire.

Thanks for tip on some rooms not showing up. Does anyone know if they work with military discounts?