We were told there's a tots club for 2 year olds!

Hi everyone.

I am now cruising on the voyager of the seas with my 2 year old...

Due to cyclones we didn't make it to Fiji, and are now sailing into Tazmania, which none of us have packed for.:rolleyes:

Shame on you travel agents !!! who tell us there's a tots club for 2 year olds. This ticked all the boxes for me, as my son loves playing with other kids.

This is my first cruise and I wanted to have some free time.

They offer a toy lending service... A bag of Rattles and broken incomplete sets , like a tool kit, no tools.. Great ! Which my son just looked at me and with what is this Mummy look ...

I was specifically looking for a cruise that catered for me and my son, all I have done for 7 days is chased him around on 12 decks, I'm exhausted...

I need a holiday...

Ps , you can hire a babysitter, but I don't want a babysitter... Sitting in my room bored with broken toys, not even crayons, please.. Think about us Mums who pay top dollar for our babies to come on board... PS.. I found out there is a tots club but they used the room for something else.. We have a meeting with the cruise director this morning with other angry parents with 2 year olds to get this sorted out.. Shame on you Royal Carribean., !!

Hello Waterbabymum,

I am going to follow any replies to your post with interest. I have decided to choose RC this year for the sole reason of using the tots club for my daughter.

I'm sorry you have had a tough time on your cruise. Us mums need a break too, we sailed with Disney last year and i will choose them if the Royal tots club turns out to be non existent.

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you have been misled by your travel agent!

are you referring to the Royal babies Nursery? not every ship has it, and it does cost. and it is not open the same number of hours as the regular children's programming.

as for the broken toys.. well you cannot blame the cruise line, you can blame the parents of children who went before you who allowed them to be broken and then never replaced them( as they should have although am sure the cruise line would not have made them do so)

bottom line though it is always the parents' responsibility to make sure Junior has things to keep him occupied. you couldn't go shopping in a port to buy him a box of crayons and coloring book?

I know that some of the ships have a nursery for kids under 3. It isnt actually a club like they hve for older kids. You still need to pay extra which is disappointing to me since I am paying full fare for my 20 month old later this year. We are on the Allure which I know has the nursery and we plan on using it as much as possible to give us a break. We are also bring grnadarents to help us. I am interested in the outcome to your meeting with the CD.

I agree that it is not that clear which ships do and don't have childcare for the under threes. The best way is to look for a nursery on the deck plans instead of the video arcade next to adventure ocean. I think there is a thing called tots club which is like a play group and parents have to stay which is not the same at all but could be confused for the nursery.

Hi everyone.

Due to cyclones we didn't make it to Fiji, and are now sailing into Tazmania, which none of us have packed for.:rolleyes:

Shame on you travel agents !!! who tell us there's a tots club for 2 year olds. This ticked all the boxes for me, as my son loves playing with other kids.

They offer a toy lending service... A bag of Rattles and broken incomplete sets , like a tool kit, no tools.. Great ! Which my son just looked at me and with what is this Mummy look ...

I was specifically looking for a cruise that catered for me and my son, all I have done for 7 days is chased him around on 12 decks, I'm exhausted...

I need a holiday...

Ps , you can hire a babysitter, but I don't want a babysitter... Sitting in my room bored with broken toys, not even crayons, please.. Think about us Mums who pay top dollar for our babies to come on board... PS.. I found out there is a tots club but they used the room for something else.. We have a meeting with the cruise director this morning with other angry parents with 2 year olds to get this sorted out.. Shame on you Royal Carribean., !!

The Voyager has the Royal Babies and Tots program, it does not have the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery. You are not the first person to confuse the two. The Royal Babies and Tots program is a playgroup session that parents attend with their kids. It is not a drop off program. It is not held in a dedicated space, it is usually held in a lounge that is not being used at that time.

The Voyager has the Royal Babies and Tots program, it does not have the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery. You are not the first person to confuse the two. The Royal Babies and Tots program is a playgroup session that parents attend with their kids. It is not a drop off program. It is not held in a dedicated space, it is usually held in a lounge that is not being used at that time.

They really should be clearer on their website (I know, crazy talk). When you click on the Royal Tots program link on the Voyager page description it brings you here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families&tab=3. It's pretty confusing, they should give the 2 programs completely different names.

Edited by dcgrumpy

They really should be clearer on their website (I know, crazy talk). When you click on the Royal Tots program link on the Voyager page description it brings you here http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families&tab=3. It's pretty confusing, they should give the 2 programs completely different names.

They should, but they haven't changed it even after others have had the same confusion as the OP.

A similar problem happens with Adventure Ocean and Adventure Beach.

Thanks Dc, your post is really helpful. We are hoping to sail on either the Freedom or the Independence in August so I now understand I need TOTS NURSERY, and not TOTS PROGRAMME.

I must admit I did believe it was the same thing until you explained. I definitely think they need to change the name, I would have been REALLY disappointed if I had made the mistake of booking a ship without the nursery. Don't get me wrong, I'm only looking for an hour or two during the day to sunbathe/go to the gym and give my other two children some attention!!

Is there a list anywhere confiming which ships have the NURSERY? I have searched the internet but it seems I can only find older posts on the subject!

RC is all new to us although this will be our 6th cruise.

I will be glued to the RC forums learning all things ROYAL from now until we sail :)

Hi everyone.

Shame on you travel agents !!! who tell us there's a tots club for 2 year olds.

I need a holiday...

We have a meeting with the cruise director this morning with other angry parents with 2 year olds to get this sorted out.. Shame on you Royal Carribean., !!

I'm confused. Was it your travel agent or RC who told you there was a tots club for 2's or not? First you say shame on you travel agents, then you say shame on you RC. :confused:

I understand that there is apparently some confusion between "tots nursery" and "tots program" even on the RC website, but if you were looking for a cruise that "catered to you and your son" it seems as though a bit more research might have been needed.

Did whoever told your there was a club for your son spell out in detail exactly what that meant or did you just assume it meant what you wanted it to mean? Not blaming you, just pointing out that you can't always take what you are told at face value. Personally, I would have had a lot of questions about the number of kids, how they keep them entertained, security procedures etc. and given that it's a 2 year old, I would have wanted to hear from other parents who have used the club on that ship.