Samba Grill - Allure of the Seas

If I've looked at the correct menu it looks like there is a buffet for accompaniments in this restaurant with the meat served table side.

Can anyone who has dined here tell me if it feels like a buffet (more casual) or a proper evening meal dining room?

I want to book it for someone's birthday but I'm not sure if I should go more formal ??

If I've looked at the correct menu it looks like there is a buffet for accompaniments in this restaurant with the meat served table side.

Can anyone who has dined here tell me if it feels like a buffet (more casual) or a proper evening meal dining room?

I want to book it for someone's birthday but I'm not sure if I should go more formal ??

It's a nice table service meal. The first half is a salad bar but beyond that it doesn't really feel buffet-like. There's a nice evening decor and they add tablecloths, etc. While the meat wasn't Fogo de Chao level, it is still very good and by far the most flavorful I've had on a ship.

Samba grill it's like a Texas Brazilian Steakhouse but at sea. for the buffet It's a salad buffet.

It's not the best restaurant on the Allure, if you already eat on the past at Texas BS or Chima Steakhouse in Ft Lauderdale, you will be disappointed.

Chops Grill and 150 Central Park are much better.

Lots of food, and the setting is actually beautiful. That said, IMHO, the meat was very poor quality and disappointing. Not comparable to a good Brazilian steakhouse on land, and not nearly as good as its equivalent, Moderno's, on NCL.

We sailed last year and my dd and sil said it was wonderful we have to try. Honestly we were not impressed. I found the food fair I didn't much care for the salad bar a lot of seafood items. I'm sure some loved it as did they. We met a wonderful interesting couple who sat next to us and it made for a lovely evening. I think 150,chops or Giovanias were sooo much better. I will say the outside dining was a nice touch.

I think it would be a great dinner for a birthday meal. They convert it to a very nice dining venue with linen table cloths and chair covers - definitely not a buffet type of environment. While the meat is not as good as the Brazilian steakhouses we have done back home (Chicago), the food was still very good.

We did most of the specialty restaurants on Allure and Samba was one of our favorites. The ambiance is perfect for a birthday celebration. The "buffet" is very small and you will just get your salad type items from that and then once the meat starts you won't be back to the buffet!

The sommelier was awesome and he explained the meats perfectly. We spent a good amount of time talking to him. He received a WOW card and really big tip.

if you are looking for something more special go for 150 Central Park

We sailed last year and my dd and sil said it was wonderful we have to try. Honestly we were not impressed. I found the food fair I didn't much care for the salad bar a lot of seafood items. I'm sure some loved it as did they. We met a wonderful interesting couple who sat next to us and it made for a lovely evening. I think 150,chops or Giovanias were sooo much better. I will say the outside dining was a nice touch.

I agree I wasn't impressed with the salad bar at samba. Too much seafood items and just all around lacking in my opinion. We went there on allure we had a free voucher, probably wouldn't do it again.

We loved Samba Grill when we went, which is actually the main reason to go back to llure instead of Oasis for our next cruise. The ambianc in the place is great. The buffet like others have said is just the salad bar. They bring out a plate of side dishes (just a few fries and a couple other things i think) and then bring out each meat separately and cut it at the table. I havent been to any other Brazillian Steakhouses, but I enjoyed all the food except the lamb, which i dont enjoy to begin with.

If the erson whose birthday it is loves meat I wouldn't be afraid to get them a dinner there. But be warned, you will enter a meat coma 30 minutes after leaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my husband and I were on the Allure on our 40th anniversary which was March 9. 2015 and Samba was just OK. It is nothing special. We had been to Chima in Fort Lauderdale two days previous. Hey, I wanted the day to be exceptional. They even brought out a chocolate cake and sang to us. However, we had to wait for the meat which was not cooked as we ordered. The salad bar is nothing special. It cost close to what we paid for wine and beer on land at Chima. Oh well. The night at Chima was special.

Samba's is our favorite RCI Specialty Restaurant!

The salad bar is much more than a salad bar! See photos below. My favorite is the chilled, boiled shrimp, already peeled for me!

They have the best tiny little cheese rolls served hot at your table I have ever had anywhere.

I could be happy with the shrimp and the cheese rolls alone.

They serve family style accompaniments at your table as the meat is served. Ask for exactly what meat you want and how it should be cooked and they will bring it to you your way.

Random Photos...

DSCN0488_zps4c92eb22.jpg

DSCN0487_zpsb76e331e.jpg

DSCN0481_zpsbb9cb333.jpg

DSCN0480_zps49a386c2.jpg

DSCN0479_zps01c8ac1b.jpg

DSCN0478_zps4b61d2ed.jpg

• 2 years later...

Curious how long is dinner at Samba for 4 people? Ive done plenty if Brazilian and it can take several delicious hours. Also, we're slated for 630pm dinner on day 1, any potential issues with that? Just curious. We;p have two teens and want them to hit the 8pm teen meet up. ;p

Although this is an old thread and the salad bar and sides doesn't look like what is shown, dinner can take as long as you continue to eat. If you get salad and eat moderately from the meat, along with a couple of sides, it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so. If you eat slowly and eat a lot, it will take longer.

Our experience is that it took about an hour or so, but we aren't big eaters. The gauchos were moving around frequently, so it wasn't long before one meat was finished and another was brought around. I thought it was quite good, but not as good as the Brazilian Steak House we go to at home.

I agree I wasn't impressed with the salad bar at samba. Too much seafood items and just all around lacking in my opinion. We went there on allure we had a free voucher, probably wouldn't do it again.

Love seafood. What kind was in the buffet--clams, shrimps, mussels, calamari, etc.?

Although this is an old thread and the salad bar and sides doesn't look like what is shown, dinner can take as long as you continue to eat. If you get salad and eat moderately from the meat, along with a couple of sides, it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes or so. If you eat slowly and eat a lot, it will take longer.

Our experience is that it took about an hour or so, but we aren't big eaters. The gauchos were moving around frequently, so it wasn't long before one meat was finished and another was brought around. I thought it was quite good, but not as good as the Brazilian Steak House we go to at home.

Perfect, thanks!

My hubby enjoyed Samba far more than I did. One really has to love meat to go there. Our waiter was great and brought me more sides and salad once he learned I had no desire for more than 2 meats. We both enjoyed the atmosphere and service, but if I was going for something special, I would recommend 150 Central Park. That was an elegant experience.