buying soft drinks in venice

realtrip

Yep, there is a small (but decent) COOP market in the P. Roma. You just walk down to the ACTV (Vaporetto docks) and turn left. Then walk along the Canal for about 2-3 blocks and you will see the small (and obscure) entrance on your left. From the outside it looks like nothing, but it is a true market. The soft drinks and wine are found all the way in the rear. My favorite purchase in this place was a very cheap 5 Liter box of Chianti that cost me about 9 Euros. This was in the days when you could take unlimited wine on Princess and that box served us well for the nearly 3 week cruise back to Florida.

Hank

Thanks! I definitely would not have known a COOP is like a grocery store.

I guess many do not understand that "COOP" is the largest supermarket chain in Italy. Some of their stores are very large and rise to the level of a hypermarket. But the COOP near the P.Roma is relatively small since there is no room for a large market in that neighborhood and space is at a huge premium in Venice. The Venice Coop is actually shoehorned into a couple of buildings but it does manage to meet the needs of most cruisers.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I am staying at the Hilton in May; I emailed the concierge with same question as OP. He said yes there was a grocery store nearby; and he would map it out for me when I arrive at hotel. Maybe you can email your hotel and ask same question. I will be bringing Coke onboard my cruise since NCL only serves Pepsi.