44 days until....

SJSTT

Sailing on Royal princess on April 25, 2015 for 26 nites and need to know info. From people who have Already ! Done the R. Princess,,,,and can offer their Advice on : if? If....Both people in cabin Must purchase Alcohol package? ( wine, beer, spirits, etc....?i, or can only one of us purchase package?Please! If u Know and have done this let us hear from you!

SJSTT --

I have not yet sailed with Princess, but pretty much all if not absolutely all of the mainstream lines beverage packages must be purchased by each person in a cabin (soda packages if underage, but alcohol packages if of age, even if a teetotaler). And they much be purchased for each day (that ends in a night on board, I think no drinks on disembarking day), including days you are ashore for 8 or 12 hours.

Do the math.

You can be sure that the ship is not selling beverage packages to lose money.

Edited by crystalspin

Most of the major lines no longer require all adults in the cabin to purchase the package..

This is from Princess..

Fine Print: Princess cruisers may purchase the package on seven-night or longer cruises. All passengers traveling in the same stateroom do not have to purchase the package.

happy cruising

tag --

Huh, I didn't know that. Not that it makes any more sense for one person using it as it is designated to be used...

Guess Bruce's answer of sending the asker to the specific line's forum is the correct answer from here out. I won't be learning ALL the different lines' rules that's for sure.