How's the Miracle?

cocacola86

I cruised on the Carnival Miracle two years ago to Alaska and loved the ship. The ship's layout is easy to navigate. There are many food options and during my cruise there was a late night line open almost every night.

I can't really help with the ports because I sailed Alaska. The ship has a dry-dock this month and will be getting some FunShip 2.0 enhancements.

I put together a mini photo tour of the ship about a year ago of the public decks of the ships. This can give you a general idea of the ship's layout, but please note that some things will be changing because of the ship's dry-dock.

Here is the tour (is on my personal cruise blog): http://www.embarkandaway.com/carnival-miracle-ship-tour.html

Hope this helps! If you have any more ship questions please let me know!

Edited by thecruiserofships

We love the Miracle. We'll be taking our third Mexican Riviera cruise on her in September, this time including Mazatlan. We're excited about the dry dock (even though we are sad that she isn't getting Guys or Blue Iguana) but we would book on her again even without upgrades. We love the layout, the crew, the food...everything. We cruise without children and the Serenity Deck on the Miracle is my favorite of the ships I've been on, we rarely leave this area :).

I heard a lot of bad reviews about Miacle, pride about the gotti decor.

The decor on the miracle has been a much debated topic on these boards. Some absolutely love it...some totally hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in-between. I personally think the decor is wonderfully fantastic and it is my favorite place on earth. It has a carnival-esque (as in the large festival before lent...not the cruise line) kind of feel. While there doesn't seem to be a set theme to the ship, each area takes you into different places and times. From the Roman Wine God Baccus's dinning room (thus all the grapes that everyone complains about but I miss every day that I am away), to Gatsby gardens, Mad Hatters ball, Horatio Hornblower's buffet, Greek and roman art and Literary figures throughout the hallways...there is always something new and wonderful to explore. Some call the Miracle garish but I think she is perfect for bringing out the whimsical wonder that we all should have while on a perfect vacation.

The decor on the miracle has been a much debated topic on these boards. Some absolutely love it...some totally hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in-between. I personally think the decor is wonderfully fantastic and it is my favorite place on earth. It has a carnival-esque (as in the large festival before lent...not the cruise line) kind of feel. While there doesn't seem to be a set theme to the ship, each area takes you into different places and times. From the Roman Wine God Baccus's dinning room (thus all the grapes that everyone complains about but I miss every day that I am away), to Gatsby gardens, Mad Hatters ball, Horatio Hornblower's buffet, Greek and roman art and Literary figures throughout the hallways...there is always something new and wonderful to explore. Some call the Miracle garish but I think she is perfect for bringing out the whimsical wonder that we all should have while on a perfect vacation.

This is the most wonderful description of a cruise ship I've ever read.

Thank you!

I sailed on her out of New York four years ago on my first cruise. The decor is over the top, but I thought it was fun. The grapes all over the dining room were a bit much, but they were awful in a compelling way - so bad they were good! The adults only Serenity deck, located at the aft of the ship (including at pool) remains my favorite Serenity area to date.

Our favorite ship of all our cruises. Just got off a B2B, Mexican Riviera in December 2014. Taking her to Hawaii in Jan. 2016. Easy to navigate. DH rolls with a scooter, LOL and everything was easy and elevators were fast. Love the food, pizza, room service. Burgers or Tacos do not make a cruise for me, so any or no upgrades are fine with us. Do wish they would redo the cabins though, and put in a fast water slide, LOL :D

Loved the Miracle, just did the Mexican cruise last week. Easy ship to navigate, I found the buffet much better on this ship than the Breeze. Loved serenity, loved the mad hatters comedy club [emoji3]

Cabo and Puerto Vallarta were fun but the constant venders on the beach in Mazaltan were like nothing I have ever seen.

You will love the Miracle, lots to do all the time, great food, friendly staff!

went on the Miracle a while back in 09. Loved the ship! Easy to navigate great ration people / space. Also loved the heroic character art work on the passenger deck hallways, to me really adds something!

How's the miracle? How's the layout, food options and are they open late, is there enough activities to do on sea days, the intenerarys we Would do is cabo san Lucas, matzalan and puerto Vallarta.

We did that cruise in Jan. Loved The Miracles lay out, yes the décor is a bit odd especially the dining room. The service was good, the food was plentiful though sometimes cold in the dining room but we were sat at the very front and under an air con vent. PV we did the whale watching and snorkel and that was amazing very much worth the $

We are back on board in 84 days doing PV and 2 days in Cabo.

My parents and I did the miracle last year. The entire ship theme was literature and the Gatsby garden walkway was very peaceful. There's also a beautiful water wall between two decks. Easy to get around. Music and karaoke in the lounges in front of the MDR for your entertainment. .

The theme of the ship is literary characters.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The theme of the ship is literary characters.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree that this is mostly the theme. The only thing that throws me off is the Baccus dining room and the Atrium cherubs. Gastby....Alice in Wonderland....Horatio Hornblower...Phantom of the Opera (showroom)...Frankenstin ...I'm familiar with the literary works. But can anyone tell me what books are related to the others. I am sincerely interested in tying them into the theme (and reading them because I love ancient roman mythology).

Oh and somebody PLEEEEAAASE tell me what the kinda creepy looking gatekeepers on all the elevator door are from????