Dragon's Breath- Labadee, Haiti

masked

Labadee is a totally private area for RCCL/Celebrity. The ship's dock right at the end of the beach. The zip is on top of a hill overlooking the water and beach. The sign in shack is about 500 feet past the entrance. There are hundreds of videos on You Tube, check them out for a birds eye view.

Our last time there was on the Freedom in 2011 and it was around $100 pp.

Labadee is a totally private area for RCCL/Celebrity. The ship's dock right at the end of the beach. The zip is on top of a hill overlooking the water and beach. The sign in shack is about 500 feet past the entrance. There are hundreds of videos on You Tube, check them out for a birds eye view.

Our last time there was on the Freedom in 2011 and it was around $100 pp.

thank you for the info. can these only be booked through a cruise line? $100 seems a bit pricey

I did it twice, last time in June 2014. It was a blast! Takes about 1 1/2 hrs from equip fitting, practice run on small zip, then going up the 500 ft hill for dragons breath. Cost $95 and is only booked thru cruise line as Labadee is their owned beach.

I recommend you book early to get morning time as it books quickly. Afternoon times are usually open but it may be much hotter and windy then. Ride is exhilarating but not really scary. Very scenic too.

Where is the best place to people watch people coming down Dragon's Breath?

We people watched in Icy Straight Point, Alaska. That's as close as I want to get to a zipline. :eek:

The people come right over one of the large beach areas if you want a close up. But it can be sceen and the sound from the lines from different places around the compound.

Again, go and watch some of the videos! They really tell the story!

The beach under the zip line is cleverly named Adrenaline Beach. Almost the whole 1/2 mile of the zip goes above or in front of this beach. Plenty of loungers there. Not best swimming as it faces the ocean so can be rough. Best to get chairs on other side and then go watch the zippers and then go back to calm side.

Trick when taking photos of your family is to identify them as they come down. Helps to have them wear bright colored shirts. I ended up videoing about 4 groups in order to get my family members

Its not scary once you get going. Very scenic and smooth ride.

Thank you...we don't swim if we can help it. Has to be extremely hot!

We will at least know which direction to go when we want to watch the zippers. ;) My family members will be easy to spot...they will be sitting on the beach right next to me. :D

Our favorite spot for watching the zip liners come down is at the elevated (breezy) Dragon's Breath bar (not sure that's the name). No one is even aware it's there. Last time I was there , waiting for my husband to come down the zipline. I sat and talked to the bartender (from the ship) and he pulled out his lap top and showed me pictures of his homeland, Lima Peru and told me of his dream to be a travel agent there. (That is how empty the place is! 1 other couple came during that hour and a half....but sh! Don't tell about my secret spot.) Head out towards Dragon's breath point (also worth seeing) and you'll come upon the bar.

Here are some photos- Enjoy our favorite island!

Karen

labadee1.jpg.5bf805b4930eb2745f306e9b039356ca.jpg

labadee2.jpg.f1db5b3d424d196e9039b1e12bf91809.jpg

1234417945_myhubbyspottingmepostzip.jpg.3d808826821a2810b91b862f8f1e2e64.jpg

68785959_joiningmeatthebar.jpg.b4f999658ae95fbb0f6af1b513aa0c19.jpg

Edited by boingy300

Our favorite spot for watching the zip liners come down is at the elevated (breezy) Dragon's Breath bar (not sure that's the name).

Karen

Great tip...thank you! :) A little hike, sight seeing, a drink...what more could we ask for. :D

ImageUploadedByForums1426517870.108027.jpg.7bf8daacad7aa1ee872d5feef4d61632.jpg

Here's our view from the top. Postcard moment. Little nervous here but quickly went away as we started down. Very smooth ride, about 50 mph max but you are busy sightseeing. Highly recommended!

• 3 weeks later...

A question for anyone who has done the Dragon's Flight zip line.

Do they have any lockers to store your bags with towels, etc. while you do the zip line run, or do you have to leave them on the ship and go back for them if you also plan on some beach time?

Looking forward to doing this.

Many thanks in advance.

I ended up doing this last week. You can pay $8 to use any unoccupied locker on the island. You're essentially paying for this activation bracelet thst can be used to lock a locker at various beaches. You don't really need a locker other than if you're doing an activity. I didn't use it again after the zip line but I guess it was nice to have