Just back from Navigator Cruise - March 8th trip

Well we are back on dry land and we hated to leave but are glad we are back on dry land. There were 8 of us in our group, including one person (my brother in law) who had never cruised or been out of the country before.

To start, my cruise did not start the way I wanted. I got food poisoning the Friday before we left and I felt horrible on Sunday still. It took until Tuesday before I was at 90%.

We arrived in Galveston around 11:00 Sunday morning and parked at EZ Cruise. It was easy to drop the bags off and our wives and then come back to the dock. We easily got on board without any troubles.

We had room 8334 just behind the hump. This would come in handy as part of the week was really windy, but seemed to not be too bad on our deck. The room was in a good location as well just down from the elevators. Our room steward Adele, was great and always willing to help.

DSC_7939.jpg

We went around the ship before we left to check a few things out.

DSC_7946.jpg

DSC_7944.jpg

As we left Galveston we were able to see the Elissa

DSC_7950.jpg

The first couple of days, again I was not feeling my best, just worn out. We just hung around the pool the majority of the time. It was extremely windy but sunny. We also hung out on our deck. We had three adjoining rooms and we asked that they open the partitions between our rooms and they did without hesitation. This made it really nice on late evenings watching the sun go down.

DSC_7956.jpg

The ship itself was very nice. The crew was exceptional. I was a little worried going during Spring Break, but to be honest it wasn't that bad. We did hear about one group supposedly getting kicked off in Cozumel because a couple of college kids attempted to climb the radio tower.

Thanks for the pic of the open balcony dividers. We board in 2 weeks and we wondering if the captain allowed it on the Navigator. Yay!!:D

Great review Btw, I guess we'll have to try Sabor, we're from San Diego so we too are used to good authentic Mexican fare. We weren't sure if we would spend the money on it but I keep reading great reviews about it so were going.

I am a first-time cruiser and due to The friends job change and now my change of plans I'm traveling alone. thankfully I'm pretty outgoing, and not afraid to talk to strangers, but do you think I'll be the only one alone on the boat ? Or do they have activities for people traveling single?

I guess I'm most concerned about the excursions and how they handle single people I leave on 4 April and I'm very very excited and can't wait and wouldn't change my plans regardless. I'm just hoping I won't be the only one there by myself thanks I appreciate your time and any info you can give me or suggestions on what to do and what I might need that I'm not thinking about thanks to all for your help

Jackie

I am a first-time cruiser and due to The friends job change and now my change of plans I'm traveling alone. thankfully I'm pretty outgoing, and not afraid to talk to strangers, but do you think I'll be the only one alone on the boat ? Or do they have activities for people traveling single?

I guess I'm most concerned about the excursions and how they handle single people I leave on 4 April and I'm very very excited and can't wait and wouldn't change my plans regardless. I'm just hoping I won't be the only one there by myself thanks I appreciate your time and any info you can give me or suggestions on what to do and what I might need that I'm not thinking about thanks to all for your help

Jackie

Hell Jackie; first of all, welcome to Cruise critic. Read, read, and read, and you'll find that even though CC makes up a small percentage of the folks on board, it will give you an "in" on a few things.

C'mon over to our roll call and join us. I am not that good at computer stuff, or I'd post a link for you. at the top of this page, you should see some links that say "find your Royal Caribbean roll call."

I'll look for your posting.

Scanditaly

Jackie

Check the Cruise Compass (daily schedule) for single activities. Also check the Community Bulletin Board near Guest Services. Sometimes there are singles activities posted there.

I do remember seeing on the daily planner one day that they were having a single cruiser mixer at one of the bars. I'm sure you'll be fine. As others have said I would definetely sign up for the meet and mingle for your cruise.

Well we are back on dry land and we hated to leave but are glad we are back on dry land. There were 8 of us in our group, including one person (my brother in law) who had never cruised or been out of the country before.

To start, my cruise did not start the way I wanted. I got food poisoning the Friday before we left and I felt horrible on Sunday still. It took until Tuesday before I was at 90%.

We arrived in Galveston around 11:00 Sunday morning and parked at EZ Cruise. It was easy to drop the bags off and our wives and then come back to the dock. We easily got on board without any troubles.

We had room 8334 just behind the hump. This would come in handy as part of the week was really windy, but seemed to not be too bad on our deck. The room was in a good location as well just down from the elevators. Our room steward Adele, was great and always willing to help.

DSC_7939.jpg

Can I ask how you put your images into your review? I have tried several things but it does not seem to want to work for me. Thanks,