cucina del capitano have lasagna?

RAMSJUNKIE887

The lasagna is for the lunch menu only - and as mentioned above - it is made from leftover brisket and or steak from the previous meals.

I found it fantastic - and will be enjoying on my next Magic trip!

I really don't think so. Very little is allowed to be used as "leftovers", due to USPH requirements on temperature control. The only way that meat can be used a second day is if they cook it, remove it from the oven and immediately move it to a blast chiller to reduce the internal temperature from 140* to 34* in six hours or less, and then store it in the walk-in fridge. This would indicate that they were cooking something they knew they weren't going to use (it cannot go from the oven to the hot service line, and then be chilled for reuse), not like they cooked one or two too many and then put them into the fridge. The ship's galleys are far more restricted on temperature/time control than land restaurants.

Because there is no charge for the pasta bar for lunch, and lasagna is sometime served in the MDR, perhaps there is not much demand by cruisers wanting to pay for it at night. You could always ask once on the ship if they can accommodate, but I would ask at least a day in advance.

Cant wait to try this on the Vista! Although it will not compare to the Italian offerings in ports, the genuine article is the business.

I make lasagna at home by mincing up left over beef from other meals, its delicious!I was pleasantly surprised how tasty the MDR lasagne was so I am hoping the Cucina offering is even better.