Taxi cost from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral

Can anybody tell me the what the taxi cost for 2 from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral is? I was told it is a flat fee, just looking to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

Matt & Aubry

Matt, flat-rate shuttle service vans and town cars from popular companies average around $120 (+20% tip) for a one-way private trip for 2-3 passengers.

not a flat fee, you are on the meter

the airport web site estimates the cost at $105 (per vehicle)

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/local_transport.htm

you would want to compare that to the cruise line transfer cost ...

other popular options are

Private Transfer Company like:

Cocoa Beach Shuttle

Executive Shuttle

Travelynx

http://portcanaveralcruiseshuttles.com/

or: many folks will do a one way car rental. Some have found a one way rental for as low as $20. The drive is EASY - practically a straight shot from airport to port. But added hassle of picking up the car, returning the car, shuttles at the Canaveral end. Most of the majors are at Cape Canaveral (that's the location you want)

Rental car has other advantages if flying in a day early .... snack/grocery/beer/wine run .... dinner options the night b4 . . .

Rental car can be less desirable on the return .... long lines to get a car .... I'd stick to the shuttle options on that end.

gazillion and 4 threads on this topic . . . .

(Miami airport to port of Miami is flat rate .... $24; I believe Tampa has a similar flat rate now. Canaveral is 45 miles plus, airport to port . . . straight shot, but a LONG shot!)

Edited by Capt_BJ

Remember there are 2 toll booths between the airport & the port, so if you rent a car, ensure you'll have the EZPass / Sunpass transponder on the rental so you don't have to stop to pay the toll.

It may already be included these days; it's been a while since I've driven a rental car that route.

Can anybody tell me the what the taxi cost for 2 from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral is? I was told it is a flat fee, just looking to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks!

Matt & Aubry

Listen to Capt BJ......he gives the most accurate info!!!

No.....No....that's not what I meant. Sorry the written word sometimes comes across in a different way than the way it was intended.

I just meant that Capt BJ is a good source of information for the area as he seems to know it well.

I did NOT mean to imply that information from others were not accurate.

Again.....I am truly sorry!!!.....:o