Best beach choice, recent surgery

bbfgator

Hi all - I like clear calm water, sandy bottom (not rocks) - some shade and beach chairs. Don't need much more to have a happy happy day :). But this time around recovering from knee surgery so need easy walk in/out of the water. Sometimes the inclines/drop offs can be quite steep when trying to get back onshore. Any suggestion would be appreciated for which beach to go to.

Oh, I don't mind taking taxi or crowds or drinkers (I don't) or resort $$$...I am in my happy place when I am at the beach!

Thanks all

Hmmm I just described a beach I like in Grand Cayman...next time :).

not on Cozumel. The rocky shore is your big problem. The island of Cozumel IS A HUGE ROCK of dead coral, the sand is just covering it up in places. So it isn't that the beach is rocky, it is that the rock has sand on it. LOL

You might want to stick to a beach club that has a nice big pool instead.

Thanks ABQrobin - ok I will give up sandy bottom and wear beach shoes...same question still out there if anyone has a suggestion as to which beach might have less of an incline...not a real fan of community pools but love the ocean :).

I disagree. Most of the Beach clubs on the west side are sandy. There may be rocks jutting out in some areas, but basically the beaches are nice and sandy with sandy bottom ocean (thus no great snorkeling).

Nachi Cocum sounds like a great place for you to go. When we were there we had a lovely relaxing day. Plenty of soft white sand and no rocks/coral in the water in the beach area.

It's not going to be quite as easy entry as Grand Cayman, and the water may be a little rougher depending on the weather, but we thought it was a great beach day.

Edited by mrsfuzzmo

Go with a beach resort. If want relaxing, go to Nachi Cocum. They only allow 100 people max and they have a great pool. All-inclusive so includes all food and drinks. There are many others on the island as well (Mr Sanchos, etc) -- most on the west side and south of the port. About a 10-15 minute taxi ride.

The beaches are very sandy and soft. I have only seen it rocky on the east side of the island - -where the snorkeling is. Here is a picture of the beaches in Cozumel on the west side:

963969_10151812596970312_1800273950_o.jpg.7d8f68fd3516e2601e266f86051a25d2.jpg

Edited by BrotherCraig

OP speaking based on my wife's experience you may have trouble walking in sand, you might want to rethink the beach issue completely unless it is one of the clubs where you can stay out of the sand.

Of course all of this depends on the type of surgery, how far post surgery you are when you arrive, and how well you are doing with your rehab.

Best of luck.

Hi all - I like clear calm water, sandy bottom (not rocks) - some shade and beach chairs. Don't need much more to have a happy happy day :). But this time around recovering from knee surgery so need easy walk in/out of the water. Sometimes the inclines/drop offs can be quite steep when trying to get back onshore. Any suggestion would be appreciated for which beach to go to.

Oh, I don't mind taking taxi or crowds or drinkers (I don't) or resort $$$...I am in my happy place when I am at the beach!

Thanks all

Hmmm I just described a beach I like in Grand Cayman...next time :).

Nachi is lovely and quiet, but there is an incline getting in to the water. I have had arthroscopic surgery on both knees and manage it fairly well, if a little ungracefully! Nachi also has a pool and hot tub that are easily accessed. The food is great, drinks unlimited and the atmosphere delightful. It's our go to place on Coz!

The incline at the water or drop offs in the water will all be weather dependant. There may be a little ledge to step down, there may be the slightest of slopes. It's just going to depend on the water and what it's like when you are there.

But in general, nice, white, soft sand and very few rocks at the west side beach clubs.