Le Domus Romane di Palazzo Valentini

dogs4fun

I took the English tour a couple of years ago. (After my first attempt, the previous year, was "washed out" due to flooding in December!)

I can't answer whether you have to pick up the tickets on the day of the tour, but I arrived very early and picked up my ticket, then went and had lunch at a nearby restaurant before the tour started. I would take a printout of the reservation with me as I think I had to show it to the guard at the entrance of the Palazzo Valentini in order to get access to the courtyard area where the ticket desk is located (left hand side after entering).

If you are in the vicinity the day before or earlier, I suppose there's no harm in trying.

If you arrive early for your tour (in order to get the tickets), there is really nowhere to sit or wait in the immediate vicinity, so be prepared to stand (or go get a cup of espresso across the street!).

Edited by cruisemom42

Thanks, cruisemom. I think I will do as you did & pick-up early on the day & head off for a bite. Just hate to wait till the last minute to pick-up.

The booking intimated that we would be seated (i.e., row, seat). This is probably just a booking glitch, right? Won't we stand during the tour?

Again, thanks for your help. Can't wait to visit - been on my bucket list since it opened but have only done the short cruise stops during the past 3 years so visiting wasn't feasible - this time I will have plenty of time to indulge my love of Roman ruins. :)

Thanks, cruisemom. I think I will do as you did & pick-up early on the day & head off for a bite. Just hate to wait till the last minute to pick-up.

The booking intimated that we would be seated (i.e., row, seat). This is probably just a booking glitch, right? Won't we stand during the tour?

Again, thanks for your help. Can't wait to visit - been on my bucket list since it opened but have only done the short cruise stops during the past 3 years so visiting wasn't feasible - this time I will have plenty of time to indulge my love of Roman ruins. :)

I think the row and seat assignment is because a majority of the tickets sold through that operator are for concerts and the like. There's probably some glitch that won't let them issue the tickets without it. However, rest assured that you will be standing for most of the tour and moving from area to area. At the end -- if it is still the same -- you'll be seated for a brief video on Trajan's column.