Ventura's new colours.

GirlyCruiser

Does anyone know if Ventura has had the union jack and blue funnel paint work done yet. I have noticed that Oceana has been done so they must be working on the fleet whilst in ports. We are sailing on her in June and it would be nice to see her with her new colours.

Thanks,

Sam.

Does anyone know if Ventura has had the union jack and blue funnel paint work done yet. I have noticed that Oceana has been done so they must be working on the fleet whilst in ports. We are sailing on her in June and it would be nice to see her with her new colours.

Thanks,

Sam.

I'll be able to tell you in a week ;)

Well.... three weeks actually (when I get back) :p

Oceana's bow graphic looks awful. It is not even painted correctly with missing patches. It needs to be much larger as well because whilst in port the open cable handling doors etc completely destroy the integrity of the design. The funnel design does not work either. The sunburst logos are lost against the lattice background. They need to add solid background colour. P&O should really employ decent graphic designers, not cheap ones :rolleyes:

You're spot on davcctr, the paint work on the funnel definitely does not work . Introducing a fourth colour ' yellow' to complement the Red/White & Blue is a miss mash.

Not only that, it's a pity that P&O didn't come up with something more original, rather than copying it from a British Airways tail fin .:rolleyes:

Not only that, it's a pity that P&O didn't come up with something more original, rather than copying it from a British Airways tail fin

The new P&O Colors are awful. It looks very tacky and downmarket.

Remove them I say.

tally Ho.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Go Lynn !!!!!!

Oceana's bow graphic looks awful. It is not even painted correctly with missing patches. It needs to be much larger as well because whilst in port the open cable handling doors etc completely destroy the integrity of the design. The funnel design does not work either. The sunburst logos are lost against the lattice background. They need to add solid background colour. P&O should really employ decent graphic designers, not cheap ones :rolleyes:

It looks patchy because they haven't finished it yet. They can only do it in sections because of limited time in port, plus I would imagine they can't do it in every port they visit. Be patient!

Oceana's new blue funnel looks absolutely awful. Saw her in Barbados in Jan. The old yellow attracted the eye away from the network of dark pipes inside. The new blue seems to draw attention to them, indeed it looks like a non funnel. A total mess.

Ventura returned to Southampton yesterday (27th March) - having been away for a year and a half. She is in her original scheme. Likely to receive the new look during a short (three day) outing when the ship generally empties at visited port.

L B Davit