Questions I should ask about the Breeze

996turbos

This is my 1st time on any Carnival ship. Cruised on Disney and RCL many times. There are 4 of us doing an 8 night eastern cruise next month. Our ages are 54-60. My question is what should I know about the ship. I have read reviews but I get the feeling there are things I should know but haven't read yet. What useful tips about the ship should I know. Shore excursion are not an issue. We are in balcony cabins 8425 and 8429. I value any comments, from A to Z. What made your trip fun? Best spot for the sail away? Please make our 1st cruise on Carnival the best yet! Now I'm all ears (and eyes lol). Thx!

Edited by 996turbos

This is my 1st time on any Carnival ship. Cruised on Disney and RCL many times. There are 4 of us doing an 8 night eastern cruise next month. Our ages are 54-60. My question is what should I know about the ship. I have read reviews but I get the feeling there are things I should know but haven't read yet. What useful tips about the ship should I know. Shore excursion are not an issue. We are in balcony cabins 8425 and 8429. I value any comments, from A to Z. What made your trip fun? Best spot for the sail away? Please make our 1st cruise on Carnival the best yet! Now I'm all ears (and eyes lol). Thx!

My advice is get a burger from Guy's burger joint for lunch the first day. YUM!

1. Go to Capitano de Cuchina for lunch first couple days (free) before everyone finds out about it.

2. Taste Bar has salads made to order, also has wraps. Good light lunch.

3. The sitting area outside of Ocean Plaza (yellow umbrellas) is a great spot to read, visit & people watch. Never gets real crowded.

4. Make sure to go to the Seaday Brunch.

5. If going to Adult Comedy Show, the first show has shortest line. Get there 30 minutes early.

6. Try the grub in Red Frog Pub ($3.33)

7. Have an enjoyable & relaxing cruise. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Agreed with everything Fla Senior said. Especially about the Cucina del Capitano / pasta bar for lunch on the first day. That place is the best for lunch, and it's free (but not for dinner). Cucina will get busier & busier as the week goes on, as more people find out about it & realize how great it is. Guys burgers usually gets less & less busy as the week goes on. Blue Iguana cantina makes great burritos, among other things, for lunch & breakfast. I thought the lanai BBQ for lunch wasn't good; poor selection, so don't worry if you miss that. It's better on Dream & Magic.

The 3D theater is nice. The "movies" are short, but it was fun. I went to plenty of those. It does cost extra. But it's not good for those that don't like motion, as the seats do move. All ages can & do enjoy these movies, even though it might seem like a kids thing.

I love their waterslides, which you may or may not be into. If you enjoy that kind of thing, go on them! They're not just for kids.

If you feel as though it is crowded and want to get away, go to deck 5. Hot tubs are great there and lots of space. Never crowded.

I loved Fat Jimmy's BBQ on Sea Days, deck 5. Yes, the line will be long but we were at the very end and it only took 10 minutes to get through the line.

If you like hot dogs, you have to try the SeaDogs! Best hot dog I have ever had!!!

Cucina del Capitano is great for lunch if you like Italian.

Thanks for the suggestions. All the food options sound good. Now is there a "secret" deck on deck 8? Also I'm a real coffee junkie. What quality can I expect and is there a charge at the coffee shop? Any other recommendations are appreciated. Thx!

Thanks for the suggestions. All the food options sound good. Now is there a "secret" deck on deck 8? Also I'm a real coffee junkie. What quality can I expect and is there a charge at the coffee shop? Any other recommendations are appreciated. Thx!

I don't know about the coffee, but no "secret" deck on deck 8. The bridge is there. But you'll have that forward observation area on decks 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11.

From a 67 year old kid. Coffee Shop charges extra. Try Bonsai Sushi (also extra). Be sure to have a Breakfast Burrito at Blue Iguana. Dive In Movies are a fun time (depending on the movie of course). The Yellow Cushion chairs overlooking the pool on deck 11 are a great place to spend time reading and watching the animals in the zoo. Get a can of Barq's root beer and a big glass of Vanilla soft serve and have a root beer float. Try the Pizza. The mini-golf course is fun, and so is the rope course. Water slide is a blast. And make sure you have your share of the Classic Margaritas.

I will be on the breeze in May, from the previous post I'm understanding that lunch at the Italian restaurant is free but on which day. Bc last time I was on the breeze (4/2012) I paid for dinner it was ok but I loved the desert

I will be on the breeze in May, from the previous post I'm understanding that lunch at the Italian restaurant is free but on which day. Bc last time I was on the breeze (4/2012) I paid for dinner it was ok but I loved the desert

Lunch is free every day.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Concerning the Italian restaurant, I understand the basketball court is above it. Can it be heard at lunch and supper times? Also, has the service improved in the MDR as the new American Table Menu was implemented? We are going to the steak house 1 or 2 nights. Are you allowed an additional main course/appetizer/desert or are you limited to 1 of each coarse? I will most likely stick to 1 each anyway lol.

If you like hot dogs, you have to try the SeaDogs! Best hot dog I have ever had

Sorry to disagree, but we couldn't eat it. We thought they were some of the worst hot dogs we have ever tried. Just my opinion.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Concerning the Italian restaurant, I understand the basketball court is above it. Can it be heard at lunch and supper times? Also, has the service improved in the MDR as the new American Table Menu was implemented? We are going to the steak house 1 or 2 nights. Are you allowed an additional main course/appetizer/desert or are you limited to 1 of each coarse? I will most likely stick to 1 each anyway lol.

I don't know about your other questions, but about the Italian restaurant, the basketball court is above it. For lunch, with the free pasta bar, you will most certainly be hearing the bouncing balls in there. Very clearly. They are supposed to close the court during the dinner. It's too bad that Breeze & Magic didn't follow the Dream's example of putting the steakhouse above the pasta bar, then the basketball court on top of that. No bouncing balls heard in the Dream's pasta bar.

If you like hot dogs, you have to try the SeaDogs! Best hot dog I have ever had

Sorry to disagree, but we couldn't eat it. We thought they were some of the worst hot dogs we have ever tried. Just my opinion.

The Hot dog on the cart was so so. But the brats on port days in the Lido were damn good!

I have to agree that the hot dogs were disgusting. They were grey in color and just tasted gross. One bite and in the garbage.

As far as the basketball court over Cucina, they do close the courts at dinnertime.

Have a wonderful cruise. She's a beautiful ship.:D:D

Im watching this thread as well. We are on the Breeze in a month! Will actually be in a balcony just down the hall from where you are going to be.

My head is swimming with all the "research" Ive been doing. I'll forget most of it by the time we board probably!

According to the deckplan on Carnival.com, cabins 8425 and 8429 are inside cabins not Balconies. That may be a major concern to clear up.

According to the deckplan on Carnival.com, cabins 8425 and 8429 are inside cabins not Balconies. That may be a major concern to clear up.

You are correct. I miss typed the cabin numbers. We are in 8229 and 8225. I noticed this after the post and wondered if it would get caught. LOL Sharp eyes Miller_KC. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

The Taste Bar also has a great breakfast.. I ate there twice and was the only one there both times. I liked it because everything you need is right there, unlike the lido where you have to go from station to station to get everything you want..

We also ate breakfast in the dining room three times... twice for the brunch and once the regular breakfast menu.. Both good.

On debarkment day we had room service.. Perfect!

We always order room service breakfast (with the little door hanger that you put out the night before). That way, we can have coffee and fruit out on the balcony in our jammies and lounge around a bit before getting dressed to go out to get our real breakfast. We love the breakfast burritos, especially on port days. They are quick, filling and very good.