Tape or magnets for the outside of doors

I have only heard of that happening when the magnet was very very close to the sea pass card. I have heard of it happening if you put your phone/ipad device directly next to the sea pass card as well -- that happened to my DH, since he plays some games on his phone.....he no longer puts his sea pass card next to his Ipad, so as not to de-magnetize his card.

I had a great little camera that I always carried with me, but it was also an MP3 player and had a built in speaker, it would wipe a card in seconds if I jammed them n the same pocket.

• 1 month later...

Ok can someone give me a hint as to where I could by either cruise themed or beach themed either decals or decorations as I want to decorate our door on our next trip. Our dollar store doesn't have anything.:rolleyes:

Try Googling it. Just put in door decor for cruise ships or something like that. I can't remember the sites but there are quite a few out there. I even found one site that I could have something custom made. Good Luck.

Ok can someone give me a hint as to where I could by either cruise themed or beach themed either decals or decorations as I want to decorate our door on our next trip. Our dollar store doesn't have anything.:rolleyes:

favors by serendipity dot com I got my door magnet sign there, and they have some other really cool stuff. Just click up top where it says Cruise Accessories.

You definitely do NOT want decals. They will trash the pain and you will have big time repair bills! Magnets are the way to go.

Sorry, been on enough cruises that I should know this.

But has been awhile since we decorated the outside of the door.

Have signs made for the Adventure sailing on sunday. I lamenated them. Do I need to put magnets on the back or can I use packing tape to tape to the door. If i remember right I think the doors are kinda textured so the tape didn't stick???

But never been on the Adventure.

advice please???

not tape

Party City or Oriental Trading?

It is summer.....so I would be shocked if some of the various varieties of Dollar Stores did not have some type of beach theme items. Even if they do not have decals that are magnetic, you can buy a strip of magnet material and glue it to some things purchased at the dollar store and create your own magnets for the door. I did that for our Valentines Day sailing. I bought hearts and turned them into magnets and put them on our cabin door.

We had several cabins for our group and used a small dry erase board to leave messages "Meet in the Schooner Bar at 5pm" or "we went to the pool". There was a string to attach the marker. This worked great until some smarta** decided to start leaving their own messages. There is always someone to ruin a good thing.