Fitness center

hunt182644

After about wearing out the search feature I give up. Is there a charge for the use of the fitness center machines? Or am I doomed to forever walk the Promenade to wear off those meals?:eek:

No charge for machines but some CLASSES will have a cost. But go in and use the ellipticals, treadmills, etc

My DH takes the stairs as much as possible and runs up them several times each morning (takes the elevator down to save his knees). After 68 days , he actually lost a few pounds. Might be worth a try.

That doesn't do a thing for me. I need to get to the gym.

That doesn't do a thing for me. I need to get to the gym.

I agree the gym is better but I find walking on the treadmill tricky when the ship is moving. I wish the facilities had been located amidship where there is less motion.

I agree the gym is better but I find walking on the treadmill tricky when the ship is moving. I wish the facilities had been located amidship where there is less motion.

There is no doubt about it. It's more difficult to use the eliptical on the ship than at home. I don't like that you can't change the incline on them either like you can on my own eliptical. That doesn't help matters. If I only did the stairs that wouldn't do a thing. I think it likely depends on how often you exercise at home.

I've liked the facilities on all three of the ships I've been on, as they offer an assortment of machines, taking into consideration they space the have to work with. My only wish would be to have the fitness centers open 24/7. I generally work out around 0300 during the week at home, and prefer to keep that schedule, (or at least very similar to it), even when on vacation.

And I am hardly a 'gym rat'. :p

Something else to note is that you can also use the shower facilities and, when they are working, the steam/dry sauna rooms, for free as well. Lockers are available at the front desk on request.

I agree, the difficulty levels do increase on treadmills and ellipticals in rolling seas.

Edited by 0bnxshs

I prefer the promenade and stairs for aerobic exercise (running doesn't work for me), but like the gym for the rest of my workout. When I'm on a treadmill, I just keep looking at the time and wondering when it will be over, but when I'm outside, I enjoy the time more. I also like that the stairs and promenade keep me moving throughout the day. Just me.

After about wearing out the search feature I give up. Is there a charge for the use of the fitness center machines? Or am I doomed to forever walk the Promenade to wear off those meals?:eek:

Took me about 3.5 seconds to find the answer. I just typed "cost of holland america fitness center" into Google.

DON