My Time Dining Reservations

Kryssa

Hello All,

The last time we sailed RCCL, we were in traditional dining and I'm not even sure if My Time Dining existed back then, but anyway...

I am wondering if I should go and make dinner reservations now? Or wait until we are on the ship? Or just show up at the dining room each night without a reservation?

If you reserved for 7:30 pm but are starving at 6:30 pm, what happens?

Also, if you reserved for 7:30 but ate a late lunch and now want to eat at 8:30, what happens?

Thanks for any information and advice you can give. Our itinerary is very port-intensive so I am not sure if we'll be starving when we get back to the and want to eat early or will want to take naps and eat late :)

It really is very flexible! I like to make reservations before, but they are easily changed if your plans do! It's more like a courtesy call to change your reservations, in my experience, anytime you show up they will seat you within about 10 minutes, if that. (Mileage may vary!)

We LOVED the flexibility. I made reservations, but we didn't really need them and cancelled them towards the end of the cruise. We'd just go when we were hungry. It was nice to not be tied to a schedule. We even had the same waitstaff every night too.

We had MTD but only ate in the dining room on the second formal night. We had a reservation for 7pm and ended up waiting about 30 minutes for a table. They were super busy and just combined the reservation line and the no reservation line so even if you had a reservation you still had to wait.

I asked if it was always busy like that (because we had never had MTD before) and they said only on lobster night! So I would keep that in mind!

I see you are going to the Baltic.

We did that a couple of years back. For ports (especially St Petersburg) where the vast majority of passengers are doing shore excursions that in most cases get back late, I would recommend making a reservation as there is nothing worse than getting back on board tired and waiting for a table.

We normally looked at excursion time and allowed approx 1 1/2 hours in case of delays back to ship (our coach actually broke down:rolleyes:) and to get washed before dinner without feeling rushed.

Some days after long excursions, we chose to just make use of the windjammer instead.

You can always change the reservations once onboard with no problem.

Enjoy, it is a great cruise.

You do NOT need any reservations with MTD at all...if you have a LARGE party, then yes...you should tell them when to expect you...but 2-4 people...no problem!

If you want a table for two they are a rare commodity. Everyone wants them. Don't see how you think they are two to a penny.:confused: tables for four aren't much better?

If you want a table for two they are a rare commodity. Everyone wants them. Don't see how you think they are two to a penny.:confused: tables for four aren't much better?

Eh, in my opinion, tables for two are overrated because they are THISCLOSE to each other. It's like sitting with others, anyway. The dining rooms have some more private 2-tops, but for the most part, they are squishy close. We gave up years ago. :p:D