Dining decision

I"ll be on the Oasis cruise for my birthday celebration. My birthday will be on the sixth day of the cruise, which is formal and MDR lobster day. Originally wanted to reserve one of the specialty restaurants, but in the same time, don't want to miss lobster day as well. Decision, decision. Any comments, please.

You have two pretty decent options. Either book specialty dining another night - I mean really, the whole cruise is for your b-day, right? :D - or just forgo the lobster and do specialty dining on your b-day. Personally I would go with the latter if I was trying to celebrate my b-day as I don't care all that much about missing lobster.

You CAN have your cake (lobster) and eat it, too.

Eat in the MDR on your actual birthday.

Pick another day for your birthday "celebration" in a specialty restaurant.

150 Central Park is WONDERFUL.

There is sometimes a "first night" or "boarding day" special. Look around in the Royal Promenade when you board. There may be a table set up for making specialty restaurants that also has promotions.

:)

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ;) :)

Edited by Merion_Mom

First, Thank you for all of yours comments, and I think I made my decision. It is a150 Central Park! But cruise planer on rccl.com just rejected my reservation. Maybe because it will be party of 10? From your experience, what is the maximum of persons available for specialty restaurants reservation? Maybe it's better to call my TA? Thanks for any comments.

We had a party of 12 on a cruise on Celebrity a couple of years ago and all of their large tables were already booked so they broke us up to 2 tables of 6 each...it wasn't ideal but at least we were close to each other. I had to call on the phone to book it this way. I would advise you to call for the reservation rather than trying to do it online.Good Luck and enjoy your birthday cruise...celebrating mine on Oasis next month!!

If you miss the rock lobster tail, you won't miss that much...just saying!

So true. I think if you had opted to forego a speciality just for the infamous Fisherman's Platter, you would have been a disappointed individual.

Edited by Lidodeckdrinks
Typo