Dress Code Funny

G&TQ

So we are cruising in a few weeks. DH and I decide this will be a super casual trip. DS borrowed a sport coat from his dad to dress up for immigration day at school and had to play an immigrant from 1880-90's. He dressed up as a friends of ours from the 1940's close enough our friend was in a suit so we got close. Anyway DS came home after wearing his dads jacket and wanted one of his own so we kept our eyes open not really looking. When we started getting ready for the cruise son announces he has to have one for the cruise. Now 1 jacket 2 pairs of slacks to go with it 3 dress shirts, two ties and a fadora :cool:later I need to go shopping to bring my dress code up to his.:rolleyes: i just think it is funny that so many parents fight with their kids to get them to dress like they are going some where other then the ball field, park or out for fast food. I guess it is all in what the see their parents do. Needless to say hubbs will be packing sport coat and suit and I dresses. I hope we don't need another garment bag.

:o

That's so nice that your son wants to dress up. :)

When we sailed with our sons, at the time both in their early twenties, I expected complaints about getting dressed up for formal nights. But they loved the whole formal night thing. The older son even learned how to tie a bow tie.

Good for your son for wanting to dress up. He sounds like our son - when we were getting ready for our millennium cruise (1999-2000), I told DH he had to head to the tailor to get measured for the tuxedo that we would be renting onboard. DS (then 16 years old) looked and said "What am I chopped liver? I need a tux, too." Boy, did they look handsome on formal nights!

Be sure to take lots of pictures - you will certainly enjoy them years later.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

That's too funny! I was a bit the same when I was younger (though it's probably more common for girls). Up until my late teens I would dress to the nines for cruises and pack so, SO much stuff.. As the years have gone on, I've gotten more and more casual, to the point where I am loving NCL because I don't need any formal clothes at all if that's what I happen to feel like.