San juan help please

elou

I've posted on ports of call already. Just wondering if anyone has taken free trolley FROM shopping center back to ship. I can't walk far because of knee problem. I love the arts and crafts there, but am afraid I might have trouble getting back. Any suggestions?

Old San Juan has lots of shopping right across from where the ships dock. You can cross the street and find Ralph Lauren, CVS and to the left, on the way up the hill is always a small stand with some crafts. Sometimes across the way, there are locals with tables displaying crafts. Old San Juan is hilly and to get from the ship to most of the shopping there is something of a climb. You'll have to judge if it is too strenuous.

San Juan is a wonderful port. Hope you find things within your comfort zone to enjoy.

I have done the free Hop On/Hop Off Bus; do not recall that it to a shopping center area nor heard that there was one.

The Hop On/Hop Off was an excellent, easy way to have a nice sightseeing tour.

Same here - no shopping center that I saw from the free bus.

You can check here - it may help as there is a detailed map of the routes which is attached:

http://sanjuanpuertorico.com/trolley-old-san-juan/

Great map - THANKS!

A good point - do not wait at stop #1 (in the middle of the cruise ship piers), as it gets very crowded and hard to get on. Instead, walk a couple of blocks along the sea front to stop #13 (near the large information or commerce building?). Its just before you get to a large park.

Edited by DaveOKC

Old San Juan has lots of shopping right across from where the ships dock. You can cross the street and find Ralph Lauren, CVS and to the left, on the way up the hill is always a small stand with some crafts. Sometimes across the way, there are locals with tables displaying crafts. Old San Juan is hilly and to get from the ship to most of the shopping there is something of a climb. You'll have to judge if it is too strenuous.

San Juan is a wonderful port. Hope you find things within your comfort zone to enjoy.

They also have a Marshall Store too!!!

They also have a Marshall Store too!!!

The Marshall's store is rather old and not so clean. I've been in a number of times but can't say I recommend it.

Dooney & Bourke, Ralph Lauren, Coach........ those are nice stores. :)