Magic getting a Concierge Lounge

Cruiz Er

First, it would be appropriate to cite your source of such information. Typically, this would come from a CM or officer on board--name is not necessary, but title helps to determine the validity of the information. If this came from a member of the concierge team, for instance, that would be more reliable than from a dining room server.

Secondly, the Magic has no dry dock in October. She will dry dock in the beginning of September, prior to the WBTA crossing. She has a full cruise schedule out of Miami in October.

Edited by moki'smommy

Changing the dry dock schedule would be a huge deal. The Magic is currently schedule to depart from Barcelona on Sept 19 for Miami. That cruise is currently booked full. The DCL web site and my travel agent's site both list a full schedule of Caribbean and Bahamian cruises departing from Miami in October. There is nothing booked in the 2 weeks prior to the Sept 19 departure. Changing the dry dock schedule would involve changing the dates AND the location, since the ship will be in the US in October.

I hope your information about the lounge is correct--sounds promising. I suspect your info about the dry dock doesn't make sense...at least based on currently posted schedules.

I'm just real curious as to where the lounge will be? I thought at the re-imagining they felt there was no place to put it (without giving up paid guest spaces).

There are some staff conference rooms and such on deck 8 forward. I was in there once. Don't know if that would be a possibility. Perhaps combine that with the sacrifice of one guest cabin? I don't know....it would logically have to be on deck 8 though and I don't see what other spaces are up there.

There are some staff conference rooms and such on deck 8 forward. I was in there once. Don't know if that would be a possibility. Perhaps combine that with the sacrifice of one guest cabin? I don't know....it would logically have to be on deck 8 though and I don't see what other spaces are up there.

Interesting. When we were on the Magic in December a number of friends sailed in Concierge but their cabins were aft. Having a lounge forward wouldn't be very convenient to those cabins.

I guess I wonder just where the majority of the Magic's concierge cabins are.

Magic's concierge cabins are scattered around Deck 8. The ship isn't that big that it would be a huge hindrance to get to a forward lounge. No different than those on Deck 11 on the new ships having to go to Deck 12.

Magic's concierge cabins are scattered around Deck 8. The ship isn't that big that it would be a huge hindrance to get to a forward lounge. No different than those on Deck 11 on the new ships having to go to Deck 12.

OK thanks.

On the new ships I thought the deck 11 concierge rooms were simply one flight of stairs away from the lounge. Are they actually located further away than that?

OK thanks.

On the new ships I thought the deck 11 concierge rooms were simply one flight of stairs away from the lounge. Are they actually located further away than that?

No, but they are still a flight of stairs down.

It was the Dream whose dry docks was delayed.

I asked the concierge attendant where it would be located. He was not sure. I am sailing concierge in May and on the Magic in August. I will try to get more info.

• 4 months later...

Looks like I was correct. I am currently on the Magic. A new concierge lounge will be put in on Deck 10 forward (next to elevators) while it is in dry dock.

Currently, there is a temporary Princess Salon in its place.

Looks like I was correct. I am currently on the Magic. A new concierge lounge will be put in on Deck 10 forward (next to elevators) while it is in dry dock.

Currently, there is a temporary Princess Salon in its place.

Since your original post, DCL did release the info that a concierge lounge would be added at the dry dock....so you and DCL seem to both be correct. Enjoy.

I wonder if the Magic's pricing of concierge suites will increase to reflect the addition of the lounge. Currently, a one bedroom suite on the Fantasy is more than double the cost of a cat 4 for same dates, same number of guests (I used May 2016 just because it was an easy place to get the figures I was looking up). Similar dates on the Magic, a 1 bedroom suite is approximately 50% more than a cat 4.

If I was planning to cruise concierge on the Magic, I'd think seriously about booking before the lounge goes in!

I wonder if the Magic's pricing of concierge suites will increase to reflect the addition of the lounge. Currently' date=' a one bedroom suite on the Fantasy is more than double the cost of a cat 4 for same dates, same number of guests (I used May 2016 just because it was an easy place to get the figures I was looking up). Similar dates on the Magic, a 1 bedroom suite is approximately 50% more than a cat 4.

If I was planning to cruise concierge on the Magic, I'd think seriously about booking before the lounge goes in![/quote']

If it is as big and expansive as someone has predicted (Hmmmm) it could cost DCL probably the best part of a $1m+.

I think around the $250k mark for the designs and changes and another $250k fitting out.There isn't a lot that is structural in the fake funnel, mostly just the elevators services, the structure holding up the facade, floors and walls.

But if the Imagineers get involved, then double that!

ex techie

The imagineers were clearly either not invited or allowed any input to this construction design......

image-jpg.114193

And whilst I think they can be a PITA, an irresponsible burden sometimes, they or a 5 year old could have done a better job of the support posts and arms than this monstrosity they bolted together from what looks likes parts of left over metal they found in the dock.

ex techie