New to RCL: Kids at specialty restaurants?

Are there any age restrictions in the specialty restaurants on the Radiance? Heading to Alaska June 19-26. Planning on just my wife and I one night (Chops?), but I know my kids love sushi and a Brazilian steakhouse. Is there any specialties that are off-limits to kids? My kids are 9 and 10.

Thanks.

Kids are welcomed in all specialty restaurants. Kids are only $8 (Not sure how they would charge for sushi)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Drink&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

Edited by LMaxwell

Thank you! We would probably sign up for 3 of the specialties. Any benefit to doing the "package"? How far out from the cruise can I book? Doesn't look like they are available yet...

Edited by ckelly14

Thank you! We would probably sign up for 3 of the specialties. Any benefit to doing the "package"? How far out from the cruise can I book? Doesn't look like they are available yet...

If you pre-book you will pay full price for all and then be refunded onboard the difference for the kids as OBC, as well as receive any discounts as OBC. Sometimes they offer additional discounts if you book on board and it will be cleaner/neater in regards to kids cost to book on board. You should be able to book about 60 days out or so but in your case unless you are determined to have a certain time/day I don't see any advantages. Personally I wouldn't lay out full price for kids 2 months ahead of time and then have to chase that refund onboard but that is just me.

If you are inclined to pre-book look again in about a month.

When my kids were that age they enjoyed Adventure Ocean so much that we would take them to the Windjammer right when it opened so they could eat dinner, take them to AO right when it opened for the evening, and then headed off to the specialty restaurants on our own.

When my kids were that age, they enjoyed having a proper dinner in the MDR and then going to the evening show with us. They spent very little time in Adventure Ocean.

OP - if you feel that your kids would enjoy specialty dining, then take them there without hesitation

Izumi is a la carte pricing. They would pay for whatever they ordered.

Thanks for the replies. We like going out with the kids, but I may try to make one reservation for my wife and I. I don't think I'll plan on anything ahead of time but will roll with the punches once on board. Worst case scenario is we eat in the MDR.