Ventura: activities for sea days and a food question

jasperado

Hello

Going for a 13 night trip to the med in Sept / Oct with 3 sea days at the start and end of the cruise.

Are there any "hobby classes" i.e art, choir, craft lessons available or am I about 30 years too late wishing for these types of activities.

If so, would booking be required before hand?

Also, is it considered acceptable to collect food from the buffet and scuttle back to the cabin with it if hubby and I are feeling even more antisocial than usual? ;)

Would "scuttling" be the correct mode for the transfer of food, or would the "head held high, dont pinch my chips" attitude be the way to do it?

I realise that there is 24 hour room service, but would this facility be really slow and busy on a sea day?

Thankyou :D

Hello

Going for a 13 night trip to the med in Sept / Oct with 3 sea days at the start and end of the cruise.

Are there any "hobby classes" i.e art, choir, craft lessons available or am I about 30 years too late wishing for these types of activities.

If so, would booking be required before hand?

Also, is it considered acceptable to collect food from the buffet and scuttle back to the cabin with it if hubby and I are feeling even more antisocial than usual? ;)

Would "scuttling" be the correct mode for the transfer of food, or would the "head held high, dont pinch my chips" attitude be the way to do it?

I realise that there is 24 hour room service, but would this facility be really slow and busy on a sea day?

Thankyou :D

The 'classes' depend on the interests of the Ents team. But all, you mentioned we have seen in the last few years. Dance classes seem popular. We have taken food back to the room, generally easy things to carry. Not seen many platefuls of food of food being taken away. Room service is not that well used so the wait should not be too long. If you plan it then you can take that into consideration.

On sea days they normally have quite a few interesting talks. Depending on who they have hired and peoples interests of course

I also find they show quite a few recent films. Normally on a port day I think for the films. Will let you know in a few weeks.

A few years ago we went on Ventura when they were doing a program of 'Tate Talks' - exports from the Tate doing talks about art movements, all illustrated with images of works from the Tate. I found them interesting, but there weren't many attendees and they weren't repeated the following year.

On another Ventura cruise, we once spent two and a half hours over lunch in The Glasshouse.....

If you feel you are being shameful or dishonest taking food back to your cabin, then don't scuttle - just don't do it. But I don't see why the alternative should be the aggressive "keep off" attitude either - nobody is going to pinch your chips. There's plenty for all. The correct way to carry food back to your cabin is just to carry it. No attitude required.

If you are seriously worried that some nosey parker is going to question you, and seriously concerned that that nosey parker's opinions actually matter, then just remind yourself that for all nosey parker knows, you could be taking the food to your two disabled parents and is nothing at all to do with being antisocial.

I hate the Snatch and Grab buffets, but often don't want the full afternoon tea in the restaurant though I generally eat breakfast and lunch there as well as dinner.

So I always take a scone and maybe a cake down to my cabin with a cup of tea, exiting the Snatch and Grab as quickly as possible. Much nicer to enjoy it on my balcony! I never scuttle or feel I shouldn't be doing it; it's my cruise and i please myself! What harm are you doing ?

Thankyou for the replies :) I was just being a wee bit silly with the "don't touch my chips" comment, but I was just trying to illustrate the opposite to scuttling. Thankyou dsrdsrdsr it was the nosey parker person situation that was making me nervous as I hate confrontations, especially on holiday.

And Clodia, you have described the scenario exactly....I just want to maybe have a couple of hours at peace on the balcony and might fancy a little nibble!! (oh I say!! :p )