Princess Grills

janecambridge

There are 2 PG suites on deck five at the very front of the ship which are a slightly nicer cabin IMHO - they are not as long and narrow as the midship suites, and give a more spacious feel. But won't be for some as any movement will be felt more in this location.

Thank you.I have booked a PG for a short trip and have said I will accept an upgrade( first time I have ever done that as I am fussy about my cabin location normally),it is a P2, so just wondered what sort of upgrade I am likely to get?

You could get an upgrade to P1 or, if lucky, to Queen's Grill. P1s on the QE and QV are no big deal because all Princess staterooms are midships, except for the two previously mentioned. On the QM2 the P1s are in a better position than the P2s. Since the aft P2s were "promoted" to P1s, the relatively few P2s are fore and, despite what some people will tell you, they are susceptible to rough seas. I was very happy with our P2 on the QE.

The P1s on Deck 8 can suffer with noise problems, we've had 8078 and 8079. They are below the non carpet covered walkway between the garden lounge and lido so you hear the click click of footsteps and trundling trolleys overhead, the trolleys being particularly annoying at around 5.30am. I can't remember which side it was but the golf nets must have been on the deck above as we also heard the thud of people driving golf balls whilst sitting on the balcony reading.

Our choice of P1 is on deck 7 and P2 deck 4 (for the deeper balcony) or deck 5 for no staff doors opening in the corridor opposite (deck 6 outside 6092 has a particularly busy staff door where the crew supplies are kept and crew gather outside talking usually around 6am). We're testing 6100 in June to see if that might be a little quieter being further away from the crew door and closer to the lift area which I can cope with as we never seem to have any noise issues being close to the lift lobby.

It's a risk you have to consider if you're opting for an upgrade as that may give you a P1 or an upgrade to QG, only you can decide whether you think it's worth it or not.

Edited by Lynnewob

Thank you.I have booked a PG for a short trip and have said I will accept an upgrade( first time I have ever done that as I am fussy about my cabin location normally),it is a P2, so just wondered what sort of upgrade I am likely to get?
I booked a P1 on a short trip on the Q.V Last year & I was upgraded to a Q.3 on deck 4 something like 4099!! excellent cabin I certainly would have that cabin again.