Asian Restaurant now free on Star

martyandjanice

The restaurant is going to feature special a la cart items for fee!!! And i am pretty sure this fee is going to be implemented with an additional 18% gratuity fee for our convenience!!!yep thats a nice new free restaurant from ncl!!!thank you once again mr del rio!!!thanks for destroying another one restaurant onboard ncl star and another one experience on ncl that i loved

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hot Stone plate not free. $10.00 per plate plus 18%gratuity

Sushi A La Carte not free also with 18% gratuity.

I ordered a Hot Stone plate along with the complimentary food and was only charged gratuity on the $10.00 hot stone plate.

Edited by Georgie562

The restaurant is going to feature special a la cart items for fee!!! And i am pretty sure this fee is going to be implemented with an additional 18% gratuity fee for our convenience!!!yep thats a nice new free restaurant from ncl!!!thank you once again mr del rio!!!thanks for destroying another one restaurant onboard ncl star and another one experience on ncl that i loved

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The whole restaurant is now free as opposed to paying $15 per person in the past. The charge is for sushi and hot stone, same as before. Sushi was never free. So some see taking an upcharge restaurant and making it free as a negative??? How is this a negative?

Yep, this was discussed here already last week when the website was updated. I wonder why it took NCL a week to make up a press release.

It took a week to make up the press release because they fired the PR Department, or a lot of it according to an article a few days ago

It took a week to make up the press release because they fired the PR Department, or a lot of it according to an article a few days ago

Yep, but this change was known already before that and they did get the website updated in a timely manner. ;)

Finally some good news. Although the service we've had in there has been slow and that was when the place was maybe 1/3 full. What will it be like now?

The part I didn't get was the moving sushi belt. That has been in there for as long as I can recall on the right when you enter the area. That was for a fee though.

I'm about to cruise on the Star, but this doesn't effect me either way as I don't eat Asian food. We have heaps of Asian restaurants here - it's where you go to eat a very cheap meal. Rice, veggies, with a small amount of meat wouldn't have cost the cruise line much! Unsure why they charged in the first place.