Shower Question

Italy52

We will be cruising with Princess and understand that there will be fixed shower heads in the cabin. Can anyone tell me the approximate height of the shower head? Really do enjoy the adjustable shower heads on other lines --- surprised to see that Princess has fixed units.

We will be cruising with Princess and understand that there will be fixed shower heads in the cabin. Can anyone tell me the approximate height of the shower head? Really do enjoy the adjustable shower heads on other lines --- surprised to see that Princess has fixed units.

What cabin type?

I would say probably around 5'10". Swivel, adjustable spray.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

In the owner's suite (Sapphire Princess) it is mounted relatively low - the shower stall itself is small as well. This makes taking a shower relatively difficult as I kept banging the door open every time I tried to turn or move my arms. The shower drain is also small with a poor slope to the floor so that the shower drains poorly.

On the upside, suites come with a nice whirlpool tub!

Edited by drgrinch

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate them. My main concern is that I am a short person (5ft 1 in.) and taller showers are often a problem for me when it comes to washing my hair and keeping water out of my ears (ear plugs don't seem to help). Oh well, looks like I will just have to adjust if I want to sail with Princess. :)

In the owner's suite (Sapphire Princess) it is mounted relatively low - the shower stall itself is small as well. This makes taking a shower relatively difficult as I kept banging the door open every time I tried to turn or move my arms. The shower drain is also small with a poor slope to the floor so that the shower drains poorly.

On the upside, suites come with a nice whirlpool tub!

I agree. I find this problem with all the showers in balcony type cabins.

I usually use put the floor towel right up against the outside of the shower to keep the floor from getting wet and slippery. It does help a little.

OP - I can't help with the height issue as we both are short enough to not have a problem. Yes you can swivel the heads. I do that to keep it away from the curtain. Another help in not getting a soaked floor.;)

The Royal and Regal have adjustable/hand-held shower heads. On other ships, the shower head can be swiveled from side to side and up and down so it's pretty adjustable. Never had a problem with the shower stalls or shower head.

Thanks for all the responses, I appreciate them. My main concern is that I am a short person (5ft 1 in.) and taller showers are often a problem for me when it comes to washing my hair and keeping water out of my ears (ear plugs don't seem to help). Oh well, looks like I will just have to adjust if I want to sail with Princess. :)

You're the tall one ;)

....I'm 4' 11' :D

I manage just fine in the shower - including washing my long hair :)

Well, since the shower head is fixed, the situation is what it is and can't be undone --- nor, can I grow taller to make things work in my favor. :) Come December and next June (our two Princess cruises) we'll see if things work out or not. If it doesn't and turns out to be too much of a hassle, I guess it's back to the other cruise lines for me.

Thanks again all for your input, I appreciate all your posts.

Edited by Italy52

shhhhhh... You can request a handheld shower head by emailing accessoffice@princesscruises.com. I do this all the time. But, be aware, you may just get that... a handheld shower head that isn't mounted on the wall. On Star Princess, it was just dangling. On Crown Princess, there was a mount. Didn't matter to me, I made it work on Star.

We had inside cabin on Regal and that was the smallest bathroom we have ever had. A bigger person would have a really hard time. Shower head could be hand held.

And the funny thing is that the showers on the Regal are actually bigger than on the Grand class ships. I don't know how a lot of the "larger" passengers manage with those showers......:cool:. They can't all be in mini-suites or full suites.

shhhhhh... You can request a handheld shower head by emailing accessoffice@princesscruises.com. I do this all the time. But, be aware, you may just get that... a handheld shower head that isn't mounted on the wall. On Star Princess, it was just dangling. On Crown Princess, there was a mount. Didn't matter to me, I made it work on Star.

Thanks for the tip, I appreciate it very much.

And the funny thing is that the showers on the Regal are actually bigger than on the Grand class ships. I don't know how a lot of the "larger" passengers manage with those showers......:cool:. They can't all be in mini-suites or full suites.

I'm a larger person and I have sailed on two Grand class ships and never had a problem with the showers.

Did you try lamb's wool in your ears? That is what my mom's doctor suggested and it worked for her ear problems.

Sue

OP's shows the Regal as their Princess cruise. The shower heads on the Regal are not as pictured in this thread they are much more accomodating for height and as Pam stated can be hand held. No need to request anything special.

OP's shows the Regal as their Princess cruise. The shower heads on the Regal are not as pictured in this thread they are much more accomodating for height and as Pam stated can be hand held. No need to request anything special.

I am also on a B2B on the Star to Alaska and I believe that is a fixed shower head.