Shower Question

Italy52

Karen, whatever you do, bring your own shampoo and conditioner. The stuff in the shower dispensers is terrible. Leaves your hair feeling like straw.

The worst part is trying to shave your legs. I've finally figured out a system, but no matter what, I get water all over the bathroom floor.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

We will be cruising with Princess and understand that there will be fixed shower heads in the cabin. Can anyone tell me the approximate height of the shower head? Really do enjoy the adjustable shower heads on other lines --- surprised to see that Princess has fixed units.

How cute, folks actually can determine the cruise line they prefer, giving consideration to shower head types.:D

Karen, whatever you do, bring your own shampoo and conditioner. The stuff in the shower dispensers is terrible. Leaves your hair feeling like straw.

The worst part is trying to shave your legs. I've finally figured out a system, but no matter what, I get water all over the bathroom floor.

I never leave home without my own shampoo and conditioner --- learned my lesson many years ago --- thanks for the reminder. :)

How cute, folks actually can determine the cruise line they prefer, giving consideration to shower head types.:D
Why not? Some people are fussy about food, cabins, entertainment, etc. I happen to like a certain type shower head. :)

Okay, good. Would hate for you, or anyone else reading, to be expecting something worthwhile in that green goop! ;)

I call the stuff the cruise lines put in a bottle "mystery goo." Would never put it on my body or my hair. :)

• 2 years later...
Why not? Some people are fussy about food, cabins, entertainment, etc. I happen to like a certain type shower head. :)

When one considers that at least one shower a day is taken on a cruise, it is important that the shower be comfortable. Of course, given the amount of time one spends in a shower, it is not critical, but it is one of those amenities that we get used to at home. Hand-held shower heads are almost a given these days. People who have money for balcony and up rooms probably have hand-helds where they live. If a person is used to that, the daily shower without one in a tiny stall can be a nuisance.

I'm a larger person and I have sailed on two Grand class ships and never had a problem with the showers.

I did! I would rate the shower in an inside cabin on Golden as the worst shower I have ever experienced. Part of the problem is the location of the shampoo/body wash containers. Without those the shower would be just bearable but the way they intrude into what is already a tiny space leaves very little room for standing without risk of bashing elbows on them and the grab rail.

shhhhhh... You can request a handheld shower head by emailing accessoffice@princesscruises.com. I do this all the time. But, be aware, you may just get that... a handheld shower head that isn't mounted on the wall. On Star Princess, it was just dangling. On Crown Princess, there was a mount. Didn't matter to me, I made it work on Star.

We usually try to get an HC cabin as DW is very wheelchair dependant but on a couple of cruises recently ( Crown and Emerald) we took a penthouse suite and had the plumber change the high fixed head to a flexible pipe. We took an easily obtained suction shower head holder with us and stuck it onto the glass panel so as to stop the pipe from dangling. Problem solved.

Something that works for me to help prevent the shower curtain from flapping and allowing water to spray out on the bathroom floor is to simply hold the lower vertical edges of the shower curtain under the spray for a few seconds when you first get in the shower. Once they are nice and wet, you can "stick" them to the inside wall of the shower and keep the opening of the shower covered with the curtain.

I've been doing it for years on Princess ships and it really helps keep the floor dryer.

You're the tall one ;)

....I'm 4' 11' :D

I manage just fine in the shower - including washing my long hair :)

I'll meet you guys in the middle at 5 ft! I also manage lol. The biggest problem I have is I like to put my leg up on something while I shave, so there was the one time i decided to sit down in the shower and managed to flood the bathroom into the hall way .... ooops!:o