Are Macarons available in the Pastry Shop on the Roayl

Ready to Sail!

We will be on the Royal in June. Since our visit to Paris last fall my new food obsession is French Macarons. Has anyone seen them in the Pastry Shop on the Royal? I am already looking forward to the Gelato but Macarons would be the icing on the cake-or I should say cookie!

Well Thrak, I see you are from No. California also. Are you aware that Whole Foods carries Macarons in their bakeries? That's the good news. The bad news is the ones I have tried from the Davis store are not very good. If you get to Vegas, go to the Whole Foods there as their supplier is different and they are wonderful! Trader Joe's also carries them in the freezer section. Not as good as some but do satisfy the craving somewhat.

I guess I will just have to do without on the Royal. Doesn't sound like there is any shortage of other wonderful pastries to indulge my sweet tooth.

We will be on the Royal in June. Since our visit to Paris last fall my new food obsession is French Macarons. Has anyone seen them in the Pastry Shop on the Royal? I am already looking forward to the Gelato but Macarons would be the icing on the cake-or I should say cookie!

No, but Paris will have them. :D

Thanks for the suggestion. We are spending 4 days in London post cruise. Didn't think to look for Laduree or Pierre Herme shops there. Both are wonderful although I have to say I did favor Laduree a little bit. Certainly would like to visit Harrod's so now I have the perfect reason. Thanks again.

This is one of those items it never hurts to ask. They are NOT hard to make and can be made with common ingredients so sometimes a Pastry chef will take the opportunity to break out of routine (as they did when I somewhat jokingly adked for cherry pie when they had cherry apple - pastry chef sent one to my cabin - disclaimer, had met the pastry chef at chef's table and saw him in the buffet, prompting the comment 'no cherry pie <sniff>

)

Thanks for the suggestion. We are spending 4 days in London post cruise. Didn't think to look for Laduree or Pierre Herme shops there. Both are wonderful although I have to say I did favor Laduree a little bit. Certainly would like to visit Harrod's so now I have the perfect reason. Thanks again.

Happy to help...at least you can have one (or more:D) post-cruise as they are so yummy...enjoy one for me ;)

Edited by TLC535