What's on the menu?

Sailaway25

Thanks must have some now missed that on the website! Will my daughter(12) have to eat off the childrens menu.. She's not really a chicken nugget and chips child... She always has a smaller portion of food that we would typically eat.. I've never been a believer of cooking separate meals for children?

Thanks must have some now missed that on the website! Will my daughter(12) have to eat off the childrens menu.. She's not really a chicken nugget and chips child... She always has a smaller portion of food that we would typically eat.. I've never been a believer of cooking separate meals for children?

No, there is no reason why she can't eat in the MD IMO.

Start them early I would say.

David.

Edited by balf

David.

Definitely, got my son eating lots of gourmet/fancy food early to expand his taste, things like escargot, frog legs, etc. It is the best place to do it on a cruise as it is already paid for and if they don't like it, they can get something else.:D

Will my daughter(12) have to eat off the childrens menu..

If she eats with you in the main dining room then she'll be presented with the same menu as you, and quite rightly so. After all, you are paying full fare for her. Plus, she's 12 (not 5) - yes, I know that's a child, but not when it comes to dining.

Definitely, got my son eating lots of gourmet/fancy food early to expand his taste, things like escargot, frog legs, etc. It is the best place to do it on a cruise as it is already paid for and if they don't like it, they can get something else.:D

A frog leg is fine, but not a bloody snail !

David.

I agree. We took our son on his first ship, an Atlantic crossing on the QE2 when he was three. Thanks to Cunard he acquired a taste for smoked salmon and fillet steak. There was none of this casual nonsense at dinner in the 1980s and he never kicked up a fuss wearing his suit and tie every night.

Going on the QE December around canaries etc, will be eating in he Britannia restaurant ...not club! What dishes do you think we will see, have looked everywhere bu very little about exact dishes...

There is very little on exact dishes because the menus vary with the nationality mix of the passengers on board, the itinerary, and the time of the year. (For example on a voyage that left winter weather from NY down to the Caribbean the soups transitioned from hearty winter fare to chilled and lighter fare as the weather warmed.)

At 12 your daughter is old enough to try and appreciate new tastes. And she will have an experience to brag about when she returns to school!

Edited by BlueRiband

There is very little on exact dishes because the menus vary with the nationality mix of the passengers on board, the itinerary, and the time of the year. (For example on a voyage that left winter weather from NY down to the Caribbean the soups transitioned from hearty winter fare to chilled and lighter fare as the weather warmed.)

At 12 your daughter is old enough to try and appreciate new tastes. And she will have an experience to brag about when she returns to school!

Agreed, they will remember it for their whole lives.:D

I'm curious what dishes are generally available "off menu" in the MD. We always order Ceasar Salads, and have ordered Sirloin Steak and Salmon when we don't see an entrée on the MD menu that strikes our fancy. I've heard that there are other "off menu" dishes available, but I've never seen a listing of what others may be available. Any suggestions?

Bob