Invergorden, Scotland shuttle?

Lyndonn

Can anyone tell me if the city of Invergorden or Princess Cruises offers a shuttle service from the port to Invergorden?

Thank you

You do not need a shuttle you are 2 blocks from High street. Easy walk, not to much there. They have a museum across the street from the dock.

Can anyone tell me if the city of Invergorden or Princess Cruises offers a shuttle service from the port to Invergorden?

Thank you

When I was there last summer, Princess stopped at Invergorden. The big issue was getting into Inverness to see Loch Ness or other things from there.

There is a bus that stops on High Street. Really reasonable, but fills up quickly. They had to call a second bus for all of us. By the time all that got sorted out, we barely made our tour.

Invergordon is a small town and your ship will offer a shuttle into the city of Inverness as you dont need one to see the little town where you dock.

You will get a lovely welcome when you dock in Invergordon by the locals who run little tours n the town, usually free of charge.

If you want to travel further you can get the ships shuttle, or a bus or a train to Inverness.

You are also very near to Loch Ness and could do a tour to see the Loch, castle and Loch Ness exhibition with either your ship or with Jacobite cruises who run tours from Inverness leaving the bus station daily at 10.15am http://www.jacobite.co.uk they do a 3.5hr tour which includes the bus, cruise, castle and exhibition visit for £33pp or a 6.5hr tour that also includes Corimony cairn and a longer cruise/castle/exhibition visit for £44pp.

You could also hire a car or private company who would do a tailor made tour for you.

If you need any more help with Invergordon/Inverness/Loch Ness please let me know :)

Edited by DebbieMacG

Invergordon is a small town and your ship will offer a shuttle into the city of Inverness as you dont need one to see the little town where you dock.

You will get a lovely welcome when you dock in Invergordon by the locals who run little tours n the town, usually free of charge.

If you want to travel further you can get the ships shuttle, or a bus or a train to Inverness.

You are also very near to Loch Ness and could do a tour to see the Loch, castle and Loch Ness exhibition with either your ship or with Jacobite cruises who run tours from Inverness leaving the bus station daily at 10.15am http://www.jacobite.co.uk they do a 3.5hr tour which includes the bus, cruise, castle and exhibition visit for £33pp or a 6.5hr tour that also includes Corimony cairn and a longer cruise/castle/exhibition visit for £44pp.

You could also hire a car or private company who would do a tailor made tour for you.

If you need any more help with Invergordon/Inverness/Loch Ness please let me know :)

Do the Jacobite tours have to be booked ahead of time or is there somewhere you can go to join a tour after you get off the ship? Do they leave from Invergorden or Inverness?

We called in at Invergordon in August 2015. We had not booked a tour and just intended to save a bit of cash and simply walk around this little town. There was a green just off the end of where you walk off the ship. A number of taxis and operators had parked up here many were trying to sell tours to various places in different size vehicles. They had notices displayed on tours/prices etc. Strangely in amongst these was a Guy in Ferrari 360 who you could have a picture in the driving seat. He took me round the town but sadly he could only fit one passenger in at a time so sadly I had to wait until my daughter had returned after her run.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

• 2 months later...

Don't know if this is much help, but having visited Scotland many times in the past we have done Loch Ness and Inverness many times.

We are on the Britannia in a few weeks and have opted to go to Dunrobin castle. We have passed it a number if times and it seems like a beautiful building so we wanted to see what it is like inside.

• 2 months later...
Do the Jacobite tours have to be booked ahead of time or is there somewhere you can go to join a tour after you get off the ship? Do they leave from Invergorden or Inverness?

They can be booked on the day but you run the risk of the longer tours from Inverness been full if you do that :)