considering Oceania, questions

compliance

Looking at the Oceania web site, can anyone tell me if the prices include taxes. The prices quoted by my TA is showing almost 800$ more than the web site. That seems a lot for taxes on a 10 day trip

Not enough info. $800 per person? Is the difference that one price includes "free air" and the other is after the "air credit" is applied? Why don't you ask the TA to explain the difference?

Are you booking through a UK agent ?

The prices on the North American website (shown in USD) includes airfare & all taxes

what you see is what you pay PP

I would ask your TA why the difference

Edited by LHT28

Just a guess - but happened to me. $800 was about price of Oceania trip insurance add-on, which you can replace on your own. Also transfers cost may be priced in, also replaceable on your own. Check out your booking details. Good Luck

Also, general advice is to get different insurance -- not the cruise line's. Now, I don't think Oceania is about to go bankrupt. But even so, we always get our own.

We were about to make final payment on a Renaissance cruise when they went bankrupt, and we were VERY happy to have booked other insurance.

Mura

Could you possibly recommend a good independent travel insurance company. We will cruising next year and would be interested in the savings verses purchasing from the cruise line. Many Thanks!

I was also going to suggest insuremytrip.com. You put in the information about your ages, location, date of departure, cost of the trip, etc., and they give you a number of companies to choose from. Your location can be an important consideration because not all companies cover all states of residence.

They also let you compare various companies to see what differences they have in coverage.

Mura