internet packages

newcruisers2

Today most HAL ships have plans where you can pay by-the-minute ($0.75 per min) or buy blocks of time - 100 min for $55, 250 min for $100, etc. However at least two ships (Zuiderdam & Westerdam) have recently been selling "unlimited" time packages - $10/hour, $36/day or $99 to $149 for the entire cruise (depending on the cruise length) and it seems to be that all ships will be going that way sooner or later. What the Noordam will have when you're on, I can't say.

See thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2185772

Edited by jtl513

Has the unlimited been added to the NA yet??

Tanya

As of the first two weeks of March, it was priced at $250 for a 7-day period.

Semi-related - Access is for 7 calendar days, not your actual cruise dates, (if that makes sense). So if you were doing a 14-day B2B, you could purchase it on day three or four, have access for 7 days, then the last three days without access.

Edited by rbp3072

As of the first two weeks of March, it was priced at $250 for a 7-day period.

Semi-related - Access is for 7 calendar days, not your actual cruise dates, (if that makes sense). So if you were doing a 14-day B2B, you could purchase it on day three or four, have access for 7 days, then the last three days without access.

That is expensive.

That is expensive.

This is one of those things that I only can hope that I luck up on a deal. As much as I wish I could truly "unplug" I never lose sight of the fact that it is because of my business that I can afford to cruise :D. So, I'll kept my fingers crossed that the necessary evil isn't too expensive !

Tanya

Last week on Veendam they offered several options, including $12 for 30 minutes. It's still very slow ( sometimes taking 10 minutes to check for mail and upload an email that was only a few KB. I use a restricted account that only a few people have access to).

It's been mentioned that some cruise lines can take several minutes to sign-in on their slow internet.

Love cruise lines like DCL that charge you by data "quantity" instead of time. I found 24Mbps on the Wonder.

Are there any current internet plans on the Oosterdam?

Thanks

Sure ... the question is will it be the fixed-minute block type that have been used for many years or the newer unlimited minutes for fixed periods.

We're on the Eurodam on the TA crossing in April- if anyone has any experience to share if the unlimited plan was available on the Eurodam 2015 Caribbean cruises (and at what price) - I would love to know what your options were!

We're on the Eurodam on the TA crossing in April- if anyone has any experience to share if the unlimited plan was available on the Eurodam 2015 Caribbean cruises (and at what price) - I would love to know what your options were!

We are with you on this cruise and we will have to buy a package no matter the cost ... Hubby's Mom has been very ill recently and he wants to stay in contact with home.We had the free internet last December on Princess and it was fast to hook up..but that is just off the coast of Mexico so I expect out in the middle of no where the connections will be a lot poorer...

JLDevlin - That is one very good reason for unlimited internet, and one of the reasons we need it. Additionally, last year, our kids had an unexpected early and complicated baby delivery and I think I spent an amount equivalent to my cruise fare for 36 hours of full time internet!

• 2 weeks later...