Give us your Tired and Weak and Part Time

Port Canaveral Florida spent a lot of money for a new terminal for Royal Caribbean to depart from. Instead of Royal Caribbean sending a new ship to PC to keep there full time they are sending us some part time ships that will be tired and weak for the 2016 2017 season. The Freedom of the seas built 2006 , Rhapsody of Seas built 1997 now that a slap in the face Oasis of the seas built 2009. Port Canaveral has given RCCL a lot of customers over the years. RCCL has given a lot of money towards Ft. Lauderdale to make it rated number 1 while PC is rated 2nd in the state of Florida. While PC spent there own money to get a new RCCL ship into it's Port but instead they send PART TIME SHIP,S THAT WILL BE OLD and not updated to the latest trends. I think this sucks. If only RCCL would quit building bigger ships and more smaller ones to give to other ports instead of FT. Lauderdale all the time. I see where Carnival is ordering 9 new ships and smaller ones. I'm sure glad I sold of my RCCL stocks. Port Canaveral feels like Ellis Island NY , Lady Liberty in NY Give us your Tired and weak and part time ships.

Funny how people can open CC on their pc but can't open an airline website to book air to another country to cruise on a certain ship:rolleyes:, like our friends from Asia have been doing for several years now to come to the Florida to cruise. Maybe when selling stock a new PC is in order:p

Port Canaveral Florida spent a lot of money for a new terminal for Royal Caribbean to depart from. Instead of Royal Caribbean sending a new ship to PC to keep there full time they are sending us some part time ships that will be tired and weak for the 2016 2017 season. The Freedom of the seas built 2006 , Rhapsody of Seas built 1997 now that a slap in the face Oasis of the seas built 2009. Port Canaveral has given RCCL a lot of customers over the years. RCCL has given a lot of money towards Ft. Lauderdale to make it rated number 1 while PC is rated 2nd in the state of Florida. While PC spent there own money to get a new RCCL ship into it's Port but instead they send PART TIME SHIP,S THAT WILL BE OLD and not updated to the latest trends. I think this sucks. If only RCCL would quit building bigger ships and more smaller ones to give to other ports instead of FT. Lauderdale all the time. I see where Carnival is ordering 9 new ships and smaller ones. I'm sure glad I sold of my RCCL stocks. Port Canaveral feels like Ellis Island NY , Lady Liberty in NY Give us your Tired and weak and part time ships.

To refer to it as Ellis Island is more than a little ridiculous. I live and work in the area and will never hesitate to cruise the ships Royal brings in. Just cruised on the Freedom in November and loved the ship. If you're really unhappy, Tampa and Port Everglades aren't that far away. We're actually cruising out of FLL tomorrow just for some variety.

Freedom just went through drydock and got some updates, and Oasis is far from an old ship. I wouldn't even give switching lines a thought, as we love Royal. Try those "old" ships out and you'll find they're pretty good.

Dude, get off your soapbox, as that post is ridiculous. You are complaining about getting Freedom and Oasis, two of the largest and most innovative ships in the industry. Okay....

Thanks for deciphering for me. I couldn't figure out what the "problem" was!

I find it rather comical that you consider ships that are less than 10 years old as "tired and weak". Both of which have been "updated to the latest trends". What a stretch of imagination YOU have!

As far as Rhapsody goes, its a 3 and 4 day itinerary. of course they are gonna use a smaller "older" ship. its still newer than Monarch though which use to do those routes.

Name us the last NEW ship that sailed from Port Canaveral?

I find it rather comical that you consider ships that are less than 10 years old as "tired and weak". Both of which have been "updated to the latest trends". What a stretch of imagination YOU have!

As far as Rhapsody goes, its a 3 and 4 day itinerary. of course they are gonna use a smaller "older" ship. its still newer than Monarch though which use to do those routes.

Name us the last NEW ship that sailed from Port Canaveral?

I totally disagree with everything the OP said, Port Canaveral is incredible, and I am willing to bet we get a full time Oasis class, but some shuffling will happen after the new builds come out. PC is very profitable for RCCL and the Port. One thing the OP said was very misleading, all the ships Carnival has ordered are spread across all their lines, so that is not a good example at all. Last new ship was the Mariner, I was on the maiden voyage and it was wonderful:) Miss that ship!

Edited by skyking

I don't know about you, but I'll be happy with any Oasis class down in Galveston, but I know it's may not be possible due to the width of the channel. We are happy to see Liberty OTS coming in though. Age is just a number as long as they keep up with it, and RCI is doing a decent job of keeping up with them. :D

Last new ship was the Mariner, I was on the maiden voyage and it was wonderful:) Miss that ship!

Thanks! Mariner was there before Freedom correct? I had no idea Mariner was brand new when they brought her to PC. :)

I agree with you in that an Oasis class ship will sail out of PC full time in the future.

Edited by ryano

Thanks! Mariner was there before Freedom correct? I had no idea Mariner was brand new when they brought her to PC. :)

I agree with you in that an Oasis class ship will sail out of PC full time in the future.

Yep, the Mariner arrived in Nov 2003 right from the shipyard. Here are some cool facts about her:)

Christened: 14 November 2003 by Jean Driscoll

Completed: October 2003

Acquired: 29 October 2003

Maiden voyage: 16 November 2003

RCCL has given a lot of money towards Ft. Lauderdale to make it rated number 1 while PC is rated 2nd in the state of Florida.

Rated how?

In terms of cruise passengers Miami was number 1 last year (4.8 million) followed by Port Everglades (3.88 million) and then Port Canaveral (3.86 million).

Port Canaveral built the new facilities with the expectation of increasing the number of passengers in upcoming years and they will most likely become solid #2.

But, honestly, all of my cruising friends here in Central Florida are excited about having an Oasis class ship in Port Canaveral. We don't care that it's Oasis rather than Allure or Harmony, we're just excited about the bigger ship.

Rated how?

In terms of cruise passengers Miami was number 1 last year (4.8 million) followed by Port Everglades (3.88 million) and then Port Canaveral (3.86 million).

Wow this is pretty impressive, I did not realize we were so close to Port Everglades.

Rated how?

Port Canaveral built the new facilities with the expectation of increasing the number of passengers in upcoming years and they will most likely become solid #2.

But, honestly, all of my cruising friends here in Central Florida are excited about having an Oasis class ship in Port Canaveral. We don't care that it's Oasis rather than Allure or Harmony, we're just excited about the bigger ship.

Im excited too :) I just hope Oasis prices are more inline with what Freedoms prices are right now.

Wow this is pretty impressive, I did not realize we were so close to Port Everglades.

Yeah, for 2012 and 2013 Port Canaveral was actually #2 in the world but Port Everglades took the #2 slot back last year. I see those two bouncing back and forth for #2 for a while. :)

I think Miami gets the clear edge because of the number of short cruises that leave from there. :confused:

Yep, the Mariner arrived in Nov 2003 right from the shipyard. Here are some cool facts about her:)

Christened: 14 November 2003 by Jean Driscoll

Completed: October 2003

Acquired: 29 October 2003

Maiden voyage: 16 November 2003

We too were on the inaugural voyage f Mariner and had the infamous corner aft stateroom on deck 10 with the pole in the middle! I loved Mariner and cried when she left Port Canaveral.

If you're so unhappy with the ships that are assigned to Port Canaveral,

try moving to the West coast and see how many RCI ships WE have... :(

Edited by tommoore1

I live in Orlando and I'm not understanding your post at all. FLL is 4 hours, cape canaveral one, Tampa 90 minutes, Miami six hours drive... and this thing called the airport. When I lived in Buffalo NY, I did my most cruising to get away...

Possibly select a cheaper room and fly? In driving distance we share all those ports plus Jacksonville and Virginia, although smaller smaller ships.

We in Florida have it made as far as choices go. Sure I'd like bigger and better, I'd like bigger and better with better port choices... heck I'd like a free drink. I'm not being disrespectful. But our choices are many in comparison to others, just some food for thought. There are many lines that service our state as well. As much as I love RCCL, you may want to take a peek at what they offer to you.

Happy cruising... and wishing a new shiny ship your way.

I live in Atlanta. Pt Canaveral is about 6-7 hours. Ft. Lauderdale about 10 hrs. I am thrilled that the "old slap in the face" Oasis is coming to Pt. Canaveral! I have sailed Freedom 3 times, love her. Did Mariner when she was new. Loved her too. But Freedom is one of my favorites. Age of the ship doesn't matter if she is kept up. Oasis just went through the yards so should be in great shape.

Heck, I'd love to live in the central Fl. area. Take Orlando, 1 hr to Pt. Canaveral, 3-4 to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, and 1 hr. to Tampa. Hmm.... what a great variety of cruises available.

The OP is unhappy because he/she doesn't have a new ship in town? Heck, I'm happy that I'll only have a 6-7 hr. drive to Oasis. Guess it's all perspective.

If you're so unhappy with the ships that are assigned to Port Canaveral,

try moving to the West coast and see how many RCI ships WE have... :(

We really need a "like" button here. You said what I wanted to very concisely. thanks:)