Onboard shopping- Ester Lauder Makeup

daydreamer62

Has anyone recently purchased Ester Lauder foundation whilst onboard. What are the prices like in comparison to normal retail . I live on NZ where we pay significantly more than other countries so I'm wondering if I should buy before I go or wait .

Never been on a Princess Cruise before. Leaving on 4/11. Wondering if the gift shop is stocked w many many things. Surprised cosmetics are available --Guess I need to check-out the shop .,,, to see what's available. Thank you for the heads up.

Never been on a Princess Cruise before. Leaving on 4/11. Wondering if the gift shop is stocked w many many things. Surprised cosmetics are available --Guess I need to check-out the shop .,,, to see what's available. Thank you for the heads up.

The name of the shop is Essence, and here's a picture of the one on Royal Princess...

11511945284_bb5cfae5fd_b.jpg

Dmwnc -Wow! Can't believe why I have never looked at the shops on any cruises. -Think you have changed my sea days forever!! [emoji1]

I'm guessing your 'significant other' is going to kill me! ;)

Don't forget to check out Facets and Meridian Bay (jewelry, watches, etc) too. Not sure how the prices compare, but everything looked all nice and sparkly in there. ;)

:D

I'm guessing your 'significant other' is going to kill me! ;)

Don't forget to check out Facets and Meridian Bay (jewelry, watches, etc) too. Not sure how the prices compare, but everything looked all nice and sparkly in there. ;)

:D

Fortunately for me, I have sufficient supplies of make up and perfume already!. Now gift boxes of chocolates and souvenirs, that's a whole new ballgame-think it's Calypso Cove that will need to look out! Crochetcruise is souvenir hunting with her lists of people and presents to match up! I have extremely specific requirements with watches, got myself a Citizen quartz some months back, but would certainly be interesting in LOOKING at what's available!

Crochetcruise :cool:

I mainly wear Estee products and on my Princess cruises used one of the coupons I receive in my cabin for some perk at Essence, plus took advantage of one of their specials. In January on the CB, it was an additional 10% off my entire purchase - moisturizer, make up, and a fragrance. Yes, there was a savings over what I normally pay at department stores for the same products, in addition, no sales tax.

Be sure you know your regular prices back home as some products can be more costly. The only drawback to ship purchases is not receiving a cosmetic zip bag filled with small samples - I like to time my dept. store purchases to coincide with those offers. The "inducements" to spend make great travel items.

Oh, be sure to remind DH that he should check out the latest men's fragrances!

Darcy

If Princess is still giving out the coupon booklet upon boarding, they do offer a 10% discount on purchases good for only 24-48 hours after sailing. So, if you know what you want and the price is right, plan on purchasing it early in the cruise. Know what the price is at home before you sail, and include your local taxes in the comparison of cost. Sometimes you find a good deal and sometimes ...meh, not so great, depending on the item. Some items are only available on the ship and not on land, e.g., the travel kit of shadow/blush/lipstick which is nice and compact for traveling.

I buy my Estee on the ship all the time. By using the coupon, my elite discount, and no sales tax, I save about 30% over prices in California.

That's excellent news ! As here in New Zealand we pay at least 30% more than US department store prices and generally no bag of goodies I will definitely be stocking up onboard..

Besides pricing know your sizes. Colognes usually come in a larger size for the price you would pay for the smaller size back home. Clinique products, with the Elite discount, came out about the same price and size.

Has anyone recently purchased Ester Lauder foundation whilst onboard. What are the prices like in comparison to normal retail . I live on NZ where we pay significantly more than other countries so I'm wondering if I should buy before I go or wait .

My daughter stocks up on mascara when on a cruise. I was surprised they had such a good selection of makeup when she took me in the shop. I had just ignored the place before. :)

If Princess is still giving out the coupon booklet upon boarding, they do offer a 10% discount on purchases good for only 24-48 hours after sailing. So, if you know what you want and the price is right, plan on purchasing it early in the cruise. Know what the price is at home before you sail, and include your local taxes in the comparison of cost. Sometimes you find a good deal and sometimes ...meh, not so great, depending on the item. Some items are only available on the ship and not on land, e.g., the travel kit of shadow/blush/lipstick which is nice and compact for traveling.

In 2014 on the Crown & Golden if you buy at least a min. of US $300 of any perfume &/or cosmetics on a SINGLE transactions you will get a 20% discount. If you buy any other perfume or cosmetics later on during the same cruise (even for $20) you will still get 20% off.

I just went into the perfume/makeup store for the first time on my last cruise. I saved about 20.00 overall on my clinique night cream I buy in our dept stores. Next cruise I will look for a onboard coupon and stock up on a few things to last a year till next cruise.

I mainly wear Estee products and on my Princess cruises used one of the coupons I receive in my cabin for some perk at Essence, plus took advantage of one of their specials. In January on the CB, it was an additional 10% off my entire purchase - moisturizer, make up, and a fragrance. Yes, there was a savings over what I normally pay at department stores for the same products, in addition, no sales tax.

Be sure you know your regular prices back home as some products can be more costly. The only drawback to ship purchases is not receiving a cosmetic zip bag filled with small samples - I like to time my dept. store purchases to coincide with those offers. The "inducements" to spend make great travel items.

Oh, be sure to remind DH that he should check out the latest men's fragrances!

Darcy

GREAT IDEA! SO THEY DO!I'd completely forgotten that point, thank goodness for someone more experienced who will give a "heads up" to the newbies, or the over-excited (of which I meet both criteria! LOL) I DO need to check the price of something at the pharmacy that sells Estee Lauder here, so shall take my trusty notebook and pen to make price notes.

I shall check that out. It's a great help to have a Travel Cosmetic Bag packed ready for travel or unexpected hospital visit-so far have avoided the later, Uncle's Death provoked the former, but no hassles! I'm particular about what colours I like, and limited eyesight does rather complicate things! Blush I use a golden shade otherwise I tend to look like er-"A Lady of the Night" IYKWIM? Friends are quite used to automatically checking for me, and helping me "adjust" where needed, whether additional colour, or powdering the high colour down. They know I've always got tissues, band-aids and shower gel with me, and will help them out where I can in exchange for their better make-up skills. Even 1 of the husbands politely came to ask if I had a spare Band-Aid, he'd got a blister and wanted to protect it-I sure had.

Besides pricing know your sizes. Colognes usually come in a larger size for the price you would pay for the smaller size back home. Clinique products, with the Elite discount, came out about the same price and size.

Great point, and 1 I almost overlooked-to note the actual SIZES as well as the colours of products! Well spotted, that is most helpful!

I have used Estee Lauder for many years, and find the onboard inventory to be limited.

Further, I can get better pricing ordering online... both Estee Lauder and other brands.

Just my experience. I live in the US, so I don't know about online availability abroad.

Plus, I don't have to spend valuable vacation time shopping for make-up!

B