Just talked to Norweigan about udp, ubp

vicocala

I was told and encouraged to share with those here about the new prices and tips:

(1) Drinks-anyone sailing now that the beverage prices have went up have an $11.00 limit not $10.00

(2) Tips on drinks went from 16% to 18% that price is included in the UBP.

(3) Prices went up on the UDP by 18% to cover the tips for the specialty Dining Rooms. I was told this is not a double dip, that servers in the specialty dining areas will be a part of this gratuity not the general one for stewards and MDR servers.

I hope this helps clear up many of the questions out there! Bon Voyage!

Yup, that clears it all up but I think the majority of us knew about it before those kind peeps at NCL told you to share the info. [emoji12]

I mentioned a lot were concerned and was asked to clear up the confusion, not a big deal.

Many have thought there was a double dip, according to them, there is not going to be. That was the main point I wished to address.

I mentioned a lot were concerned and was asked to clear up the confusion, not a big deal.

Many have thought there was a double dip, according to them, there is not going to be. That was the main point I wished to address.

I still there it's double dipping and they are full of crap but thanks for the info that most of us knew already.

Since the phone reps are notorious for misinformation and NCL has been anything but transparent about this I'll take this with a grain of salt :cool:

It is included if you get UBP as a promo. It is NOT included in the price if you purchase it - the 18% is added to the package price and you pay that total.

It is included if you get UBP as a promo. It is NOT included in the price if you purchase it - the 18% is added to the package price and you pay that total.

Actually it is. The price of the UDP has gone up, exactly 18% or $21.42. It is no longer $119 for a seven day cruise, it's $140.42.

The OP indicated this information in the comments from the NCL rep.

Wish we could just let this go....cruise NCL or don't cruise NCL but either way give it a rest. Now excuse me while I don my flame retardant suit.

Plus1

There must be other things to talk about..I m going on my first NCL in 30 (or more) years and am reading all I can to make my trip more comprehensive..really tired of reading about 18%

Going on the Dawn Bos to Bos in September and am excited..looking forward to new experiences... have been on Oceania, Regent, Celebrity and Azamara in the past 10 years and never had a bad trip!!Used to cruise on NCL in the 70's and loved it..was younger and it was a party ship then...

Jancruz1

What is 'UDP'?

Sorry, but everything NCL is brand new to me. :o

UDP - Ultimate Dining Plan, it is a cruise long pass to eat dinner in the specialty restaurants

UBP - Ultimate Beverage Plan, covers beverages for the cruise (sodas and alcoholic, juice)

Both plans have limitations (for example specialty coffees and beverages over $11 are not included in the beverage plan).

Edited by Nola26

UDP=Ultimate Dining Package. For a fixed price, you can eat in the specialty restaurants. Right now there is a promo going on that includes UDP, UBP (ultimate beverage package), prepaid gratuities and OBC for anyone booking a suite.

UDP - Ultimate Dining Plan, it is a cruise long pass to eat dinner in the specialty restaurants

UBP - Ultimate Beverage Plan, covers beverages for the cruise (sodas and alcoholic, juice)

Both plans have limitations (for example specialty coffees and beverages over $11 are not included in the beverage plan).

Thank you.

You won't find me objecting to tipping assuming I have good service. :)

Actually it is. The price of the UDP has gone up, exactly 18% or $21.42. It is no longer $119 for a seven day cruise, it's $140.42.

The OP indicated this information in the comments from the NCL rep.

If you READ the post of mine you quoted, I said UBP. I even quoted the part of the OP's post that referred to UBP. Your reply erroneously correcting me refers to UDP.

I was told and encouraged to share with those here about the new prices and tips:

(1) Drinks-anyone sailing now that the beverage prices have went up have an $11.00 limit not $10.00

(3) Prices went up on the UDP by 18% to cover the tips for the specialty Dining Rooms. I was told this is not a double dip, that servers in the specialty dining areas will be a part of this gratuity not the general one for stewards and MDR servers.

Thank you!

If i understand this correctly they are no longer in the general DSC pool.

If not, where is the money they used to get from that pool going now?

Bill