Caribbean Princes tidy up?

Johnno3c

Reading the posts for the above named ship, it can't help but think that she is due for some touch up work before sailing here in the UK for the summer months.

I have looked at her sailing schedule and she arrives endish of April to start her new sailings Mayish. Will there be time for any touch up work or will it be straight to business?

Although there have been negative posts there have also been positive ones too, which does make you question who is telling the truth.

Very confusing.com

Reading the posts for the above named ship, it can't help but think that she is due for some touch up work before sailing here in the UK for the summer months.

I have looked at her sailing schedule and she arrives endish of April to start her new sailings Mayish. Will there be time for any touch up work or will it be straight to business?

Although there have been negative posts there have also been positive ones too, which does make you question who is telling the truth.

Very confusing.com

Most everyone is telling the truth as they see it. Most reviews have a mixture of facts and opinions. You have to decide what is opinion and what is a fact.

You also have reviews from positive people who can look for a good cruise and negative reviews from people that will pick on one or two things and let it ruin their whole cruise.

I tend to follow the reviews that can deliver positives and negatives and read between the lines.

Having many cruises with Princess and knowing their product, I am able to decide for myself whether I will enjoy a cruise or if I should skip it.

We haven't had a cruise with Princess we haven't enjoyed even if there were some negatives. Our most recent cruise was on the Caribbean Princess. The

review is below in my signature. It was our second time on her.

I think we are all telling the truth based on what we experienced on our individual cruises. I never smelled mildew or mustiness, but I wasn't in every cabin on every deck. I didn't notice frayed carpeting or stained furniture, but again, I wasn't at every venue on the ship. I'm sure you see my point.

I was on the ship twice in three months. The first time in December the bed was great, wifi was non-existent, the balcony was filthy, no bad smells. My cruise this month in a different cabin, the bed was horrible, the balcony much cleaner, wifi was a little spotty but we had reception, had a flood in the cabin but never smelled any mildew or something worse.

It's not my favorite ship mainly because of the layout, but I would sail her again if the itinerary was right.

Another Caribbean Princess thread? Maybe this could be merged with the other two or three current threads on the same subject?

Seriously. Poor old girl is certainly taking a beating from some dissatisfied folk.

Very confusing.com

Why does anyone need to be a liar? Bizarre thought. People experience things in different ways.

We sailed Caribbean from Ft Lauderdale to Cozumel Mexico in November. I thought the ship was in very good & clean condition. The staff were wonderful.

Steve

We were on the CB last fall for a Western Caribbean cruise as well and found the ship in good condition.

Having lived for decades very close to the ocean, I know what the salt can do even if you're not directly on the water. So a little rust and peeling doesn't bother me.

If I see mold (more likely mildew), I report it. Likewise, carpet stains. Princess and other lines constantly paint and maintain ships. Touch-up work is done all the time. It doesn't need a dry dock and is done with passengers onboard.

Some people are far more sensitive to imperfections than others. I'm not perfect and don't expect others to be.

Caribbean Princess was last in shipyard just last May, so I doubt there will be any break in service.

It's hard to believe that the cushions & tables in the Piazza, the showers at the Lotus pool, mattresses, plumbling and some of the lounge chairs were tended to just last April. They sure have degraded fast.

Princess and other lines constantly paint and maintain ships. Touch-up work is done all the time. It doesn't need a dry dock and is done with passengers onboard.

Last year we sailed on the Golden and had the last port-side Emerald mini-suite (so all the way aft). At more than one port stop, painters were immediately below and behind us scraping and painting the ship. We could literally talk to them from our balcony. Someone on the same voyage then posted a review that the ship was covered in rust and in horrible shape. Ok.....whatever.

I realize this thread refers to the Caribbean Princess, but just thought I'd chime in about on-going maintenance, and different people's perceptions regarding ship conditions.

Maintenance certainly doesn't wait on these ships. I'm an EARLY riser, 3am usually, and I can tell you crews are hard at work while the passengers are asleep.

I too don't think people are lying, but notice things differently. Like the comment about the Piazza tables. We sat at numerous of them in late January, and didn't notice any issues. Maybe it's just not in my nature to pay attention or let small defects affect me.