NCL Breakaway - Vibe or Spa pass?

taytaysmom1019

Can anyone comment on the cost of a vibe pass or spa pass aboard the Breakaway? Sailing May 3 out of NYC, late 30's couple without kids. Will it be warm enough to sun/swim on deck? Are the vibe and spa passes worth it? And what do they include? Thanks[emoji4]

That's what I want to know... and what is a Posh pass?:confused:

What is a vibe pass?

Thanks

No children allowed. Quiet area for adults only but for extra fee.

Only Epic has Posh. The Breakaway and the Getaway have similar venue called Vibe.

As of now, not present on other ships.

Can anyone comment on the cost of a vibe pass or spa pass aboard the Breakaway? Sailing May 3 out of NYC, late 30's couple without kids. Will it be warm enough to sun/swim on deck? Are the vibe and spa passes worth it? And what do they include? Thanks[emoji4]

No experience with the Vibe so I can't say anything about it. Spice H20 is an adult-only area as well, that was enough for us.

Spa passes are $199/per person, per week on the Breakaway. DH got the Spa Pass and he thinks it is worth the money. He totally loved the Thermal Suite in the spa and used it every day.

It was never crowded except on the first sea day, everybody wanted to try it out that day. During the first sea day, there were a lot of chair hogs at the Spa! They would put towel on one of those heated tile loungers reserving the heated tile loungers for them when they finished in the pool or Jacuzzi or steam room. He said everything was GREAT aside from that.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The vibe is a private area on the getaway and breakaway it is a quiet adults only area. The lounge chairs are padded and comfortable there are day beds and two hot tubs and a bar. They only sell about 50 passes per cruise , they are $79 per person. I think it's a great area and adds to the cruise.

This is an example of the 2 tiers of customers on NCL.

I am travelling with my family - and likely will be able to find one afternoon when I can take some time for myself and enjoy an adult area. How sad I will be with my face pressed up against the glass (figuratively speaking) watching adults lounge on cushioned seats in a relaxing quiet and restful environment that I am being purposely excluded from because it makes no sense to book for a full week. On all other lines I have cruised there has been an exclusive adult area I could access without reaching into my pocket first - although I always reached after for the amazing drinks

Edited by tanyaewa

I am travelling with my family - and likely will be able to find one afternoon when I can take some time for myself and enjoy an adult area. How sad I will be with my face pressed up against the glass (figuratively speaking) watching adults lounge on cushioned seats in a relaxing quiet and restful environment that I am being purposely excluded from because it makes no sense to book for a full week. On all other lines I have cruised there has been an exclusive adult area I could access without reaching into my pocket first - although I always reached after for the amazing drinks

Just NCL finding more ways to rip its customers off!

There is an adults only area - h2o, free. The aspect that makes the spa/vibe so inviting is the lack of crowds. If they were free, they would be crowded. I felt the lack of crowds made the spa pass worth the money.

1) as mentioned Spice2O is free

2) you might be able to buy a one day pass to the Spa. I would inquire immediately upon boarding....or book a massage or something.

There are no tiers. My last cruise we did do a Spa Suite and could go to the Haven. Yes, it was pleasant but next cruise we are in an Oceanview.

Cruiseships, as with life, are full of all types of people. Inherited money, lucky money, hard-earned money, in many different amounts attached to many different personalities. I have had pleasant conversations with people who didn't blink twice about dropping $10,000 on a ring in the gift shop and people who wouldn't or couldn't buy a pack of gum. And yet they were all nice people--go figure.

I am amazed that people are shocked and outraged about a "two tier" system on NCL. Most cruise lines do it, if you fly to your cruise you walk thru the first class section getting on the plane, if you go to a sports stadium there are club areas etc. The only question should be is how was my cruise, if you are enjoying your cruise why do you care what happens in Vibe or the Haven?

• 1 month later...

Taytaysmom1019 hope you enjoyed your trip. Did you decide to use Vibe or not? Does Vibe close at a certain time at night or is it open at night? Can anyone tell me if H2O has only lounge chairs or do the also have some of the beds also? Is there a pool in H2O or only waterfall? We leave on 5/24 & traveling without our kids, we're really looking forward to our "alone" time and I'm seriously thinking about the week pass. Any help is appreciated. Thankks

Taytaysmom1019 hope you enjoyed your trip. Did you decide to use Vibe or not? Does Vibe close at a certain time at night or is it open at night? Can anyone tell me if H2O has only lounge chairs or do the also have some of the beds also? Is there a pool in H2O or only waterfall? We leave on 5/24 & traveling without our kids, we're really looking forward to our "alone" time and I'm seriously thinking about the week pass. Any help is appreciated. Thankks

I do not sail until October, but I have researched the Vibe since I am planning on buying passes for my wife and I.

I agree with an earlier poster who described it like first class. I do not have enough money to book a Haven suite, but I can afford 80 bucks each for my wife and I to be able enjoy a great environment.

In the Vibe they only sell 50 weekly passes so be early to the port if you want to buy one and go directly to guest services on deck six.

In the Vibe:

Padded lounge chairs, 2 large hot tubs, private bar. They also walk around periodically with fruit skewers and Popsicle.

I would definitely searching videos of the vibe online. I have seen a few.

Thank you for the info on the videos, I will check that out. FYI.... Haven is not an adults only section, I found that out after reading reviews and learning that families book these suites also. I thought it is adults only but it's not.

We had both spa (minisuite) and got vibe with cabana on Getaway. We ended up spending a total of 2 hrs in Vibe and enjoyed the spa pool so much more. It was so hot in the cabana, an oven. Didn't find the service first class... Better service in the MDR.

Hi there! We had a fabulous time on the breakaway last week! We decided not to buy the weeklong Vibe pass but rather buy just one or two days. Unfortunately it was sold out due to the people who bought it for the week and they were not offering daily passes. We LOVED Spice H2O! There are a ton of loungers, but no beds. But they do have big comfy chairs that are so comfortable. The bar was perfect and the bartender who is there every day was awesome! It rarely felt overcrowded and we didn't have any trouble finding a chair. There was no pool, but two hot tubs and a wading pool with the waterfall. The wading pool was just fine to sit in to cool off. The only pool I saw on the ship was by the waves bar, deck 14. It was a much younger party type of crowd, loud and usually had a DJ or karaoke going on. Which was fun sometimes but we found spice H2O to be the perfect kid free adult getaway spot! I'm sure vibe would have been great as well but I can't necessarily comment on it.

Spice H2O is another adults only area that you can enjoy.

And the glass is frosted. Woudn't do you any good to press your face against.:p

Here's what I'll say to the OP...Vibe was the best money we spent on our trip. We spent some time there nearly every day, and sometimes in the evenings with a bucket of beers. It was our favorite part of the ship.

Edited by Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf, Can you tell me what time you boarded since you bought the week pass. We're planning on getting to the dock by 9:30 and I want to get right to guests services to get the passes. After reading your post I'd like to get the week pass. Thank you!!

TayTaysmom1019 - Thank you for the info!! Glad you enjoyed your time!!

Hi there! We had a fabulous time on the breakaway last week! We decided not to buy the weeklong Vibe pass but rather buy just one or two days. Unfortunately it was sold out due to the people who bought it for the week and they were not offering daily passes. We LOVED Spice H2O! There are a ton of loungers, but no beds. But they do have big comfy chairs that are so comfortable. The bar was perfect and the bartender who is there every day was awesome! It rarely felt overcrowded and we didn't have any trouble finding a chair. There was no pool, but two hot tubs and a wading pool with the waterfall. The wading pool was just fine to sit in to cool off. The only pool I saw on the ship was by the waves bar, deck 14. It was a much younger party type of crowd, loud and usually had a DJ or karaoke going on. Which was fun sometimes but we found spice H2O to be the perfect kid free adult getaway spot! I'm sure vibe would have been great as well but I can't necessarily comment on it.

We are leaving April 24th next year out of NYC for our wedding cruise!! How was the weather...were there any pool days or was it a little to cool for that? Im debating on getting vibe and spa passes as well but I doubt we would take advantage of the full week.