Whats gone up or changed sinced your last cruise just added

GEORGET

Since there are several debates about added or increased costs of cruising, service charges, things passengers don't want to pay for..... I urge you... don't cut corners by not investing in travel insurance.

This is one of the areas people tend to cut cost and then if something happens, someone gets sicks, bad weather, or worse.. they blame the cruise lines for not giving them back their money or a free cruise once the refund deadline passes. Let's hope nothing happens to anyone, but what if you need a helicopter to come lift you off the ship in the middle of the Mediterranean, can you afford THAT? Can you walk away from the cost of your vacation if you lose your job?

You don't have to buy it directly from NCL - there are many 3rd party companies for bundling your entire trip... but it is a wise investment... you never know.... some companies even offer a "cancel for any reason" add-on... which would cover you if you want to cancel because they raise the service charges.

Having been in Italy many summers over the years as my husband is Italian and didn't come to the USA until he was 29......I can attest that one can't find a decent pizza in the Pa, NJ, DE, NY area as well!

Harriet

Have you ever tried Lombardi's on Spring Street in NYC. Best pizza ever.

Having been in Italy many summers over the years as my husband is Italian and didn't come to the USA until he was 29......I can attest that one can't find a decent pizza in the Pa, NJ, DE, NY area as well!

Harriet

...and I could show a pie or two in the Denver area that would curl your toes.

In my case since booking basically nothing has changed...

UDP- Grandfathered in....

PPG- Grandfathered in...

Room service charge - Never use it

Only change that took place was a drop in my Balcony price..

So it was a win for me...

[quote name='Beaver1975']...and I could show a pie or two in the Denver area that would curl your toes.[/QUOTE]

That might very well be true. However, I've yet to find a pizza to taste like any that I've had in Italy. Still and always looking, though!

Harriet

[quote name='NLH Arizona']Have you ever tried Lombardi's on Spring Street in NYC. Best pizza ever.[/QUOTE]

No, I've never been there. I have had GREAT pizzas here in the USA....not saying I haven't.

Yet, there is nothing like the taste, the dough, the sauce of a pizza in Italy!

Harriet

[quote name='hpecorari']No, I've never been there. I have had GREAT pizzas here in the USA....not saying I haven't.

Yet, there is nothing like the taste, the dough, the sauce of a pizza in Italy!

Harriet[/QUOTE]Lombardi's was the first pizzeria in the United States (early 1900). I've had pizza all over Italy and this surpasses anything I've had there.

[quote name='15yearsandwaiting']Since ncl raised the suite gratuities to 14.95 a day and the rest of the ship is only paying 12.95 do we still need to tip the butler? We do not ask for special stuff and we never used the concierge last time[/QUOTE]

How many people how many days, x $2? 2 people for 7 days, that's $14 difference over other cabins... how much would you have tipped the butler for 7 days?

[quote name='15yearsandwaiting']Since ncl raised the suite gratuities to 14.95 a day and the rest of the ship is only paying 12.95 do we still need to tip the butler? We do not ask for special stuff and we never used the concierge last time[/QUOTE]

There is no need to tip the butler if you don't ask for anything special. That snack plate they drop off daily is included in the fare.

You will get many different answers on this, but I will tell you that the butlers and concierge are not part of the DSC pool, so no part of the 14.95 per day goes to them. Even if you do not ask for special stuff from the butler or concierge, they are still doing things to make your cruise more enjoyable. Tip them according to the service you have received from them, as you see fit.

[quote name='15yearsandwaiting']Since ncl raised the suite gratuities to 14.95 a day and the rest of the ship is only paying 12.95 do we still need to tip the butler? We do not ask for special stuff and we never used the concierge last time[/QUOTE]I don't ask for much, but still tip $10 per day for the Butler.