Is the Escape TOO big?

scrapbags

Thank you for the information. We sailed the Getaway last Oct. and loved it. We are booked on the Escape Jan. 2nd. and can't wait. We're wondering who the bartenders will be. Hoping Bong and Lorelie are on the new Escape. Those two definitely made the cruise more fun.

Bong just got back from time off, so he'll still on the Escape in January, Lorelie wasn't interested opening a new ship like Bong. Last we saw her she was going back to the Getaway for her next contract, and should be back this month. She'll still be working with the chocolate cowboy, I guess. We'll be seeing Bong again in December.

Edited by CruisinHarvey

It depends on what amenities' you want on your cruise ship. If you don't care about water slides, Ropes course, spa, Basket ball, Hot tubs, Pools, dinning venues, "Broadway" entertainment. Then I say go for a less expensive smaller ship cruise.

They add more to each of these ships and they cost more to build more to operate and more to run. More stuff to do on ship means more people needed to pay for it.

I for one enjoy sailing these large ships the least crowded I have ever felt was on Oasis and Allure. Or on any ship during a port day.

You go to the pool on a sunny sea day and it will be packed no matter how big they make the pool it will be packed. The pool is more of a cooling off station than a swimming pool.

So to me, No its not to big, bring on the size and the fun stuff to do.

Pretty much this - I like the big ships, there's more different variety of stuff to do other than the sundeck / dip pool. If I want to partake in my favorite activity of swimming, that's what the Caribbean port stops are for. :D:p

You won't sail on Escape because of the size of the aft suites? Horrors! I'm going on the ship for the ship, the size of my cabin is my least concern but of course that's my own opinion. After all, who needs a 'suite' when there's so much ship to explore? :cool:

When you book particular cabin categories, it may be a deal breaker. DW and I are waiting on the first reviews to book. We feel as The Haven will be overcrowded compared to BA and GA

Hi, my DH and myself have cruised on the NCL Jewel the end of Jan. We are planning another cruise for next year around the same time. My question is, is the Escape TOO big? We liked the Jewel alot but there was no outdoor movie theater and we LOVE that. I believe the ESCAPE has one but we have never been on a ship that large. Do you get the same treatment? Is it more crowded? Any opinions would be great!:cool:

IMO it is way too big. I will not get on a ship with more than 2500 passengers. The vast majority of my cruises have been on ships with less than 500 passengers and some of those are too big.

Pretty much this - I like the big ships, there's more different variety of stuff to do other than the sundeck / dip pool. If I want to partake in my favorite activity of swimming, that's what the Caribbean port stops are for. :D:p

Yes you do not cruise for pool time its more like cool off time or people soup time.

Can I ask why you think Haven is going to extra crowded? is it smaller? I would assume Haven always sails full since anyone would love to upgrade.

Escape is our first Haven experience so I really don't know how Escape compares size wise to Getaway, Breakaway or Epic.

Can I ask why you think Haven is going to extra crowded? is it smaller? I would assume Haven always sails full since anyone would love to upgrade.

Escape is our first Haven experience so I really don't know how Escape compares size wise to Getaway, Breakaway or Epic.

There are a lot more Haven cabins, but there don't appear to be more or bigger public Haven spaces.

For me, yes it is too big. I much prefer the smaller ships - the NCL Spirit is my absolute favorite. We did sail on the Breakaway but were fortunate to be in the Haven. I would not sail on one of the megaships unless I could be in the Haven and that is not likely to happen again.

But I fear the days of the 80K tonn ships will shortly be nothing but a memory...:(

Actually, you might start seeing more and more of that size ship soon. Of course, that's because they'll be the lifeboats on those new floating metropoliths. :p