First time celebrity - Eclipse embarking

Air79

We are due to go on our first Celebrity cruise in May. Which we are all very excited and keeping my fingers crossed the molecular bar is still there! [emoji483]

What time are the cabins usually ready and does it take long for your luggage to arrive?

Thank you [emoji4]

I hope you enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity. I am also cruising in May on the Eclipse and hope the molecular bar will still be there. If not I suspect the replacement will be similar.

From my experience staterooms are usually available around 2.00 pm. Luggage is more unpredictable. I believe the higher category of stateroom you book the sooner your luggage arrives. They mostly arrive prior to the first sitting of dinner.

I hope you enjoy your first cruise with Celebrity. I am also cruising in May on the Eclipse and hope the molecular bar will still be there. If not I suspect the replacement will be similar.

From my experience staterooms are usually available around 2.00 pm. Luggage is more unpredictable. I believe the higher category of stateroom you book the sooner your luggage arrives. They mostly arrive prior to the first sitting of dinner.

Thank you, I hope you have a great cruise too [emoji3]

We are due to go on our first Celebrity cruise in May. Which we are all very excited and keeping my fingers crossed the molecular bar is still there! [emoji483]

What time are the cabins usually ready and does it take long for your luggage to arrive?

Thank you [emoji4]

Same for us, first time and doing the Fjords in May.

We boarded at 1pm last year in Southampton and our rooms were available at that time. Luggage was there abut 3.30pm

Thank you that's great I was hoping the room was ready early to drop hand luggage off before we explore

Thank you that's great I was hoping the room was ready early to drop hand luggage off before we explore

It may not be ready and if not you will not have access to the room or even the corridor. On Eclipse we always minimise or eliminate hand luggage purely because the rooms do not open till late.

It may not be ready and if not you will not have access to the room or even the corridor. On Eclipse we always minimise or eliminate hand luggage purely because the rooms do not open till late.

Thank you I will keep it light just in case it isn't ready early

We are on the fjords eclipse cruise in May also... I'd say mostly from our experience cabins are generally ready around 1pm... As for luggage that's not so consistent.. We've waited between 10 mins to 3 hours!! After getting into our cabin!

We are on the fjords eclipse cruise in May also... I'd say mostly from our experience cabins are generally ready around 1pm... As for luggage that's not so consistent.. We've waited between 10 mins to 3 hours!! After getting into our cabin!

Thank you Mr T, hopefully as long as the cabins are ready early we will be happy so that we can drop hand luggage and coats off and the luggage arrives before we need to get ready for dinner! See you there!

We always check-in our hand luggage. I see no need to carry-on anything except my wifes handbag.

Thank you [emoji4]

Welcome to Celebrity!

You could board as early as 11:00 ish:D and cabins are ready around 1:30 ish! Luggage arrives while you are at the Muster Drill, or Sailaway. 5:00-7:00.

We sailed the Reflection in 2013, and Equinox 2014, and there are so many choices and things to do we only made it to the Molecular a couple of times on each. You will be Okie dokie if the venue is in transition on your cruise.

Please come back and fill us in on what you think!

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Welcome to Celebrity!

You could board as early as 11:00 ish:D and cabins are ready around 1:30 ish! Luggage arrives while you are at the Muster Drill, or Sailaway. 5:00-7:00.

We sailed the Reflection in 2013, and Equinox 2014, and there are so many choices and things to do we only made it to the Molecular a couple of times on each. You will be Okie dokie if the venue is in transition on your cruise.

EW

Thank you Wallie for the info it's appreciated and I will let you know how our first celebrity cruise went [emoji3]

We usually board around 11-30 get some lunch in Oceanview and into the cabin around 1-30 ish .All very civilised no hassel .The cases arrive around 4pm just in time to open them before the call to muster.

Enjoy your cruise ,let us know you get on.

We usually board around 11-30 get some lunch in Oceanview and into the cabin around 1-30 ish .All very civilised no hassel .The cases arrive around 4pm just in time to open them before the call to muster.

Enjoy your cruise ,let us know you get on.

Hi Shipsdoc thank you the timings sound good to me, will let you know it how the cruise goes [emoji4]

We are also due to go on our first Celebrity Cruise ( 2nd overall cruise) in August to the Baltic.

We are booked into disabled cabin 1028, does anyone have any experience of what the ramp is like to get onto the balcony? The reason I ask is that we had a disabled cabin with balcony last year but the ramp was so steep that it was very difficult to get out onto the balcony.

We have been on 4 different cruise lines and rooms generally become available around 1:00pm on all of them. The room sttendants need that much time to prepare. We check all luggage but one small rolling bag so that we can explore without much difficulty

• 2 months later...
Welcome to Celebrity!

EW

We had an amazing time, the Eclipse was beautiful so many places to go eat drink and be entertained.

The food in the MDR was to a very high standard and the service we received was exceptional. The Entertainment most nights was very good. Everyone we met was very friendly.

Looking to book again next year, I think I've got the cruising bug!! Think It will have to be Celebrity as I will be disappointed if it didn't live up to the Eclipse.

Edited by Air79

We had an amazing time, the Eclipse was beautiful so many places to go eat drink and be entertained.

The food in the MDR was to a very high standard and the service we received was exceptional. The Entertainment most nights was very good. Everyone we met was very friendly.

Looking to book again next year, I think I've got the cruising bug!! Think It will have to be Celebrity as I will be disappointed if it didn't live up to the Eclipse.

Great to hear you enjoyed your cruise and have been bitten by the cruising bug.. We did our first 2&1/2 years ago and now looking forward to cruise no 9 in October!

We to have stuck to celebrity mainly with a couple of P&O mini cruises in the mix (no comparison imho) but our October cruise is on ncl...

If you don't mind a short flight into Europe then I'd recommend trying the silhouette or reflection as with the little changes from the first 3 S class ships I think they are even better... IMHO [emoji16]

exactly what happened to us.

I'm less brand loyal, despite being the one who joins every frequent flyer, hotel loyalty club possible, but my wife says when it comes to cruising - it's Celebrity, nothing else.