Advice about caribbean to Europe repo

We are looking at booking a repo cruise out of Florida next year to the UK.

Could anyone who has done this offer advice as when its best to book and suggest a price as guidance.

Currently they are offering, included grats and premium drinks for balcony cabins for around £1000

This seems a good price when I compare it to other cruises we have made (however they are always at peak times)

I assume the prices will be much lower when the drinks and grats offer is removed, But how low can they go?

anyone?

Also it looks like booking one way flights are very expensive compared with booking returns and not taking the return flight, anyone got experience booking one way flights to US

We are looking at booking a repo cruise out of Florida next year to the UK.

Could anyone who has done this offer advice as when its best to book and suggest a price as guidance.

Currently they are offering, included grats and premium drinks for balcony cabins for around £1000

This seems a good price when I compare it to other cruises we have made (however they are always at peak times)

I assume the prices will be much lower when the drinks and grats offer is removed, But how low can they go?

anyone?

Also it looks like booking one way flights are very expensive compared with booking returns and not taking the return flight, anyone got experience booking one way flights to US

I'm basically asking the same things. Ive checked some flights for this spring to get an idea and Icelandair has decent prices for one way tickets. I also checked flying to e.g. New York and then catching a JetBlue flight to Florida and that was much cheaper. That obviously adds a bit of time as you want to ensure that you don't miss the flight to Florida. Also, check flying out of other airports than Heathrow. We are flying to the U.S. in less than two weeks and the flight out of Birmingham was almost £100 cheaper than out of London plus we are an hour from Birmingham.

Have booked Inde TA 1st May 2016 a number of options book one way out of Heathrow with the big airlines or book one way on Norwegian air out of Gatwick flights are not available yet but give it until about June and these will be available. We are having to wait until December 2015 as we have booked the TA for Oct 2016 as well and will book return flights then. A company that Royal own has a deal that includes flights and a 4 day Orlando stay and transfers price for cruise only is about right at this time.

Birmingham would also be good for us,

Norwegian seem to do good price flights ( not available yet for 2016) checking 2015 flights Gatwick to Fort Lauderdale is only £269 for april

BA want £1265 to fly from London, one way

Doing a dummy booking two way show the price per leg come down to less than 400

looks like they don't want one way travellers

I did a dummy booking on celebrity for this year doing a repo on Eclipse with the flight option and it showed a BA flight of approx. £500 (one way) so the TA probably get the best prices for one way flights.

Edited by bogofman

Norwegian are famous for their very long delays... At least for their long haul flights out of Scandinavia. They also swap their dream liners for ancient planes if there are problems. I've only heard good things about their European short haul flights though (not at all relevant for going to Florida!).

I should have said the £100 was per person rather than for both of us. I got a good deal out of BHX for our flights for the Christmas cruise too.

Edited by Dr.A
Using "though" too often! :)

Check out Choice Air for flights - they usually have some of the best deals on one-way international flights (typically about $500 - LHR flights are some of the cheapest).

The best deals on most TAs, as is the case with some unpopular sailings, is after final payment. But, those savings are not always available to folks who book outside of the US. Currently, some of the best deals are to book via a European TA in Euros (because of the exchange rates). You may or may not have a choice whether to include or exclude some of the perks.

A good deal on a TA is $500pp for inside, $600pp for OV and $700pp for a balcony. The popularity (and associated increased cost) depends on itinerary (the sailings with more stops at the Europe end seem to be more expensive) and ship (the newer/larger are typically more expensive).

Got a reply from a US travel agent for the 1st may TA on indy

fro two in a E3 balcony $2200 approx £1500, but with no perks

here in UK its £2200 inc premium drinks and free gratuities

So roughly the same.

I'm sure the cruise lines have the same price for each cabin roughly taking into account the exchange rates but then make the price more or less attractive by adding and taking away the perks depending on the take up in each country

Norwegian are famous for their very long delays... At least for their long haul flights out of Scandinavia. They also swap their dream liners for ancient planes if there are problems. QUOTE]

Umm , I thought it was too good to be true, need to do more research

we were looking at xmas as well, but the flight prices are sooooo expensive

We got returns for £1,299 for both of us over Christmas and I think that's okay given we fly from Birmingham to Baltimore.

I'll post an update on this board when I decide on flights for our Transatlantic next May.

Norwegian are famous for their very long delays... At least for their long haul flights out of Scandinavia. They also swap their dream liners for ancient planes if there are problems. QUOTE]

Umm , I thought it was too good to be true, need to do more research

we were looking at xmas as well, but the flight prices are sooooo expensive

Is it not possible to send private messages on CruiseCritic?