Bringin liquor on board.

dorisis

Well here goes, the rules say you can only bring wine on when you embark however it has been reported here a Lot that you can bring any and all forms of liquor on board at any port for in cabin use. There is a corkage fee to take it to dinner ect. I am sure others will confirm.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

The thread you posted wally bushy was 5 pages long and went way off topic. Perhaps the poster is looking for more information from people with more recent experience.

Dorisis - I believe your allowed to bring on board, three bottles of wine per stateroom. But perhaps someone who has sailed recently can advise you.

The technical rule is 3 bottles of wine but many others have brought on more -- a case or more -- without problems. No one has reported any significant change in the policy.

We board in a couple of weeks and I intend to bring on a bottle of spirits and 4-6 bottles of wine for consumption in our roo0m. Yes, if I take a bottle of wine to dinner we will need to pay the corkage fee.

You do NOT need to "hide" the liquor!

Mura

This subject should be a "sticky". Yes, there are official rules. Yes, they state no more than 3 bottles of wine at embarkation. No, they are not normally enforced. They are there ONLY if someone is obnoxious with their drinking and enforcement is needed.

You may bring aboard anything you can manage. As has been said, some folks bring a case of wine -- some folks bring multiple cases (they entertain a lot).

You may bring aboard any sort of liquor or spirits. You may bring aboard your own beer. You may do so at any port, not just embarkation. You can bring it aboard in your checked luggage, your carry-on bags, in your arms, or simply put a luggage tag on the cases or cartons. If you leave the cartons with the porter with your other luggage, it will be delivered to your cabin.

There is only one catch. All of it, with the exception of wine you take to the dining room, is for imbibing only in your cabin (or on your balcony). If you take wine to the dining room, you will be asked for your card and you will be charged a corkage fee, currently $25 per bottle. There will be frequent reminders in your daily "Currents" to the effect that your personal adult beverage supplies are for your cabin only.

Some will disguise their drinks and sneak them on to the pool deck, and most will probably get away with it, but be aware this is extremely tacky. Oceania is treating you like a responsible adult; act like one.

I need to add just one thing -- if you ask anyone at Oceania about the rules, they will all quote the 3 bottle limit. They have no choice -- if they ever quoted what I just explained, they would have no fallback rule for obnoxious drunks. But, trust me and other experienced Oceania cruisers -- you will NOT be questioned in any way no matter what you bring on board. And, feel sorry for all those folks who don't use Cruise Critic and don't know this :)

Edited by hondorner

Well here goes, the rules say you can only bring wine on when you embark however it has been reported here a Lot that you can bring any and all forms of liquor on board at any port for in cabin use. There is a corkage fee to take it to dinner ect. I am sure others will confirm.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

To clarify your statement

Wine can be taken onboard & if you take it to the dining venues it will incur the corkage fee

Spirits/beer can be taken aboard for consumption in your cabin ONLY

This should be a sticky!

As a practice, it appears that for those that reserve the Privee, if they buy a bottle of wine from the ship, they are not charged a corkage fee for any other wine they bring into the Privee.

I found it interesting that the Privee was totally booked up for all 16 nights well in advance of our sailing date. People wanting to book it, after getting aboard, were disappointed. Did I read that it is being eliminated from one of the R ships during a renovation?

In the long list of PH advantages is the ability to have a meal, from any of the specialties, served to you course by course. Since you are in your own room, this allows one to open that wonderful bottle of wine, they either brought along or purchased ashore, with dinner without corkage. ;)

The "R" ships never had a space for Privee. That was an innovation for Marina and Riviera. I did hear that it was being eliminated due to lack of use, but evidently at least on this one cruise that wasn't/isn't the case.

Privee is certainly available on our upcoming cruise on Marina, so perhaps the elimination is going to come later OR TPTB changed their minds.

Mura

The "R" ships never had a space for Privee. That was an innovation for Marina and Riviera. I did hear that it was being eliminated due to lack of use, but evidently at least on this one cruise that wasn't/isn't the case.

Privee is certainly available on our upcoming cruise on Marina, so perhaps the elimination is going to come later OR TPTB changed their minds.

Mura

It may be showing fully booked so that they did not have to explain why it was no longer available at all.

orchestrapal;

I can assure you, by personal experience ,that was not the case. It was booked every night. We had several Go Next groups on board, that seemed to suck up several of the Privee evenings.

We must have been on the party boat! While some cruises seem to struggle with La Reserve bookings, our ship had ten nights (on a 16 day cruise) of dinners. We attended two, both of which were excellent and well worth the cost. I believe all of the dinners were booked totally full with 28, until the very last one which had about 20 revelers.

We likewise had wine tastings, on days at sea, that oversold, and additional tastings were added to take care of the many guests not able to get into the original tastings.

To clarify your statement

Wine can be taken onboard & if you take it to the dining venues it will incur the corkage fee

Spirits/beer can be taken aboard for consumption in your cabin ONLY

Thanks for helping, this is a common question and I get really tired of it as I do not agree with it however I want to give new people the idea of what they can really do regardless of the printed rules and which one to regard and which one to discard.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

The thread you posted wally bushy was 5 pages long and went way off topic. Perhaps the poster is looking for more information from people with more recent experience.

Dorisis - I believe your allowed to bring on board, three bottles of wine per stateroom. But perhaps someone who has sailed recently can advise you.

You are right but at least the first few answered my question.

It is amazing where threads finish:)

I will be driving to the port. If I were to bring a case of wine, should I just carry it on or check it in? And I shouldn't wrap it, or divide it out into our luggage? Just stroll in with a mixed case?

If you can carry it on go for it or you can stick a luggage tag on it & give it to the porters ...make sure you mark it fragile ;)

One of the many wonderful things about cruising with Oceania is that they treat you like an adult. Despite what the rules say, they allow you to bring on board a reasonable amount of whatever alcohol you choose to drink. Personally I have been known to board with a carton (12 bottles) of champagne. In return they expect you to act like an adult and only drink that alcohol in your room or on your balcony. The only exception is if you wish to drink a bottle of your own wine with dinner, in which case you will be charged a corkage.