Online check in for homeward flights

madgemonica

we are flying home with American Airlines and have already picked our seats, so we can just check in when we get to the airport. But if you are flying BA, you can't book seats till 24hrs bed the flights it means getting a few minutes at the Internet cafe to check in.

I have never flown home to UK directly from the ship so have a couple of queries. Our flight out of LA is not till 3.45pm. What sort of time will we leave the ship?

What about online check in for the flight home? Previously our hotel reception desk has done this for us but being on ship , how do we do it? Will we have to buy an Internet package just for this purpose or will someone do it if we ask. Hope someone can answer this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are Platinum or Elite member of Captain Circle they give you free Internet Minutes based on the length of the cruise. The day before you just find out when its 24 hours.

Also you could go to a Hotel or place with free Wifi and have the Airline Application Downloaded to your phone and just checkin that way and then at the airport reprint your boarding passes on the kiosks.

Another option is go down to the Pursuers Office and see if they can help you print your boarding passes especially if you have booked an airport transfer with Princess they would be more inclined to do it without a fee. Offer them a few dollars but I am sure they will decline.

I usually don't fly home the day the cruise arrives especially in Europe but on my upcoming Panama Canal Cruise there is no point in staying overnight in LA as there are many flights up to San Jose. I have booked a later flight and will just check in at the airport as there is plenty of time.

Going to the cruise I like to arrive the day before just to be safe especially in Fort Lauderdale or abroad.

My experience is that by checking in 24 hours in advance you can get better seats and even opt to pay the baggage fee if you are at a computer to do so.

I think it would be a great service if Princess Transfers could have your boarding passes ready to go as part of the fee you pay for the transfer at the Port you would go to a board with printed boarding passes and find your name along with the transfer ticket.

Just my 2cents.

In my opinion I would pay the 60 Pounds if you really want to sit together simply because if the cruise is delayed and when you arrive at the airport there will be other people from other cruise ships potentially on your flight.

To me 60 pounds in this situation is worth it especially if you can get more legroom seats. My theory is you already paid thousands of pounds for the flight(pardon me if this is not your situation) and to pay more for seats together than that is fine.

One way around this is if you need special assistance such as a wheelchair you request the wheelchair and your companion will be seated together. At the time of checkin they will release the bulkhead seats. If you feel that walking long ways and through customs is tough request the cart service or wheelchair. It really does help you to get better seats. Again only do this if you really feel the need to do it. You won't be charged an additional fee and end up with better seats with more legroom.

In fact on one BA Flight I opted to pay the upgrade fee to World Traveler Plus 24 hours before and on another flight I even paid the upgrade to Business Class. It was certainly cheaper doing it this way than paying it at the time of booking.

Whenever the airline is giving me the option to upgrade and I find it to be a good price I will spring for it especially when I can use the airport lounge before and after my flight etc.

Edited by travelplus

We had a post-cruise flight from Rome to London on BA. I went a little crazy trying to make sure I had Internet access exactly 24 hours prior to the flight so I could check in and select my seats. When the time rolled around, I was online with BA but could not check in or select seats, and was instructed to check in at the airport. Even tried calling the help line. No go. Got to the airport in the morning, found the 'problem' was that the clerk had to physically see our passports to check in, and BA had actually pre-assigned us two seats together in a reasonable location. Wasted several hours in Rome (!) worrying for nothing. If you don't want the extra-cost seat selection now, BA will assign your seats together and as long as that is all you need, you will be fine. If you need a special location or legroom, pay for it now.

...if you are flying BA, you can't book seats till 24hrs bed the flights it means getting a few minutes at the Internet cafe to check in.

Not exactly true. You can't book them for free unless you are BA Executive Silver or above. You can book them if you are prepared to pay and we already have our seats booked out to SFO in December and back from MIA in January.

You also need to be aware that, if you leave it until 24 hours before the flight is due to depart, in terms of seat selection, you will behind all those who are joining your flight as transit passengers as they are able to check in and choose their seats for your flight 24 hours before their connecting 'feeder' flight departs.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

This is just one of the reasons why I hate BA. You can't select your seats until 24 hours before flying. :( I've found that the BA app on my phone is pretty useful, though. Even though you still have to use the Internet, once it's set up, you are automatically logged in and can access your booking quickly.

You have three choices: Bite the bullet and pay the penalty; wait until 24 hours before your flight to log in and select your seats; or, keep calling BA until you can get a sympathetic agent, telling them you both have urinary problems and for the comfort of the other passengers, have to sit on the aisle for quick access. :)

This does not help the poster who wants to get across-the-aisle seats for both people.

By the time they get to the airport, there may not be two such seats available across from each other in the same row.

I only read the OPs original statement for this thread and answered it. The OP said nothing about wanting seats across from each other in their opening request.:rolleyes: