Jewel Refurbishment

Does anyone know for sure when the Jewel is getting refurbished and what is being added/taken away. We are possibly planning another cruise in December 2016 and I assume this will be after a refurb?

Does anyone know for sure when the Jewel is getting refurbished and what is being added/taken away. We are possibly planning another cruise in December 2016 and I assume this will be after a refurb?

I suspect that even Royal does not know "for sure" what will happen to Jewel. However, the plan is to have the refit in early 2016, and I would expect the changes to be very similar to the other Radiance class ships, such as Serenade.

I suspect that even Royal does not know "for sure" what will happen to Jewel. However, the plan is to have the refit in early 2016, and I would expect the changes to be very similar to the other Radiance class ships, such as Serenade.

Thanks Bob!

The schedule currently shows the last spring cruise as March 27. So we are guessing the refurb starts the following week . 1 year from now! I was wondering when or where it goes from there. 7 months still open. I just held a room on Jewel in Nov 2016 when RC shows it back in SJU.

The schedule currently shows the last spring cruise as March 27. So we are guessing the refurb starts the following week . 1 year from now! I was wondering when or where it goes from there. 7 months still open. I just held a room on Jewel in Nov 2016 when RC shows it back in SJU.

If plans hold she should come back to Port Everglades for a 4 night sailing on April 24th prior to doing a TA departing PE on April 28th arriving in the MED via Cadiz, Gibraltar, Alicante and Barcelona and then does a cruise over to Venice from Barcelona and be based during the summer at Venice doing longer sailings.