I have plenty of time in Ketchican, right?

bcparker

I don't know why I'm worried about this, but I'm going to ask you experienced people about it anyway. We are scheduled to arrive in Ketchican at 6:30 a.m. I was hoping to catch the public bus out to Totem Bright, leisurely walk around, and then catch the bus back. I have a flight scheduled with Island Wings from 12-2:00 and then the ship leaves at 3. I am hoping to have a little time to walk around Creek Street and shop before the flight. What do you think? Is this easily doable? I'm a little worried about the bus. Is it easy to find? It only runs every hour, right? Thanks for your help!

I would suggest you plan on the 7:25a approx. (verify time), Find out where your ship is going to be. The bus stop is between dock 1 and 2, across the street, down to the right- south end of the block. should be a bus sign. for some people and hour is enough time. But you should have no problem getting back in time for at least an hour to wander downtown Ketchikan. I would recommend you print out and take the totem guide with you, as they may not be open with the hand outs.

Thank you so much! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I was not able to get back to my computer. I was able to find out that our ship will be at dock 4 so not as close to the bus stop as I would like, but it doesn't sound like it should be a problem. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I was not able to get back to my computer. I was able to find out that our ship will be at dock 4 so not as close to the bus stop as I would like, but it doesn't sound like it should be a problem. Thanks again!

I'm assuming you have no mobility limitations. You can take the marina walk. You should see the tunnel. You can either walk through it, or stay on the marina walkway. Just past the tunnel, at the top of the hill, cross the street. Go right. The bus stop is near the south end of the block. There should be a street sign. I would leave, at least, 30 minutes prior to the bus time you want to take.

I don't know why I'm worried about this, but I'm going to ask you experienced people about it anyway. We are scheduled to arrive in Ketchican at 6:30 a.m. I was hoping to catch the public bus out to Totem Bright, leisurely walk around, and then catch the bus back. I have a flight scheduled with Island Wings from 12-2:00 and then the ship leaves at 3. I am hoping to have a little time to walk around Creek Street and shop before the flight. What do you think? Is this easily doable? I'm a little worried about the bus. Is it easy to find? It only runs every hour, right? Thanks for your help!

If the ship leaves at 3:00. you have to be back at 2:30 at the latest.

DON

Approximately how far do you think this is from where the ship docks? My sister is not able to walk great distances and I'm hoping to not wear her out before we even get to the park.

For anyone with mobility limitations, this is not a good choice to consider using the public bus, and being at dock 4 plus, the walking involved at Totem Bight.

It is a lot of walking.