Dawn #9506 & #9006 Info Please!

RumpunchGirl

DH and I sailing with friends in January. We are in 9006 and they are in 9506. I'm looking for info on these cabins. I've done searches but haven't found many current pics/videos. This is my first full suite so I'm very excited!

Also, in my searching, I read some interesting info about 9506 being haunted. I read a thread that talked about Barry Fitzgerald investigating this cabin back in 2013 on a sailing from NY to Bermuda. I'm having a really hard time finding out what happened with his investigation. My internet searches have not yielded much. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I haven't told my friends that their cabin might be haunted! :eek: I'm not sure how they would feel about that.:confused:

There seem to be more pics of the ones on 10 especially 10006 if you do a search for that room number. The diff btw the ones on 9 and 10 is the ones on 9 don't have the dining nook but supposedly a bit bigger front balcony.

The bathroom color scheme for all 4 OS are different. I think they have standardized the carpet color (which didn't match compared to the unique carpet they had in each room before).

There seem to be more pics of the ones on 10 especially 10006 if you do a search for that room number. The diff btw the ones on 9 and 10 is the ones on 9 don't have the dining nook but supposedly a bit bigger front balcony.

The bathroom color scheme for all 4 OS are different. I think they have standardized the carpet color (which didn't match compared to the unique carpet they had in each room before).

Thanks for posting. I was wondering about whole dining nook thing. If the OS on 9 don't have nooks, where is the table? That's why I wanted to see pics or videos.

I don't really want to pay $10.95 so I can check out cruisedeckplans.com (seems you have to subscribe fir a year). I usually get much more info here on CC. I guess I just have to wait until I cruise in Jan!

Thanks for posting. I was wondering about whole dining nook thing. If the OS on 9 don't have nooks, where is the table? That's why I wanted to see pics or videos.

I don't really want to pay $10.95 so I can check out cruisedeckplans.com (seems you have to subscribe fir a year). I usually get much more info here on CC. I guess I just have to wait until I cruise in Jan!

CDP doesn't have any good pictures of the ones on 9. I'm surprised as I thought I had seen some in the past there but not today.

Did you see:

The dining table is basically in the living room whereas the ones on 10 have a chaise lounge and a small table there. Boy - they had a lot of clothes and shoes in that video.

CDP doesn't have any good pictures of the ones on 9. I'm surprised as I thought I had seen some in the past there but not today.

Did you see:

The dining table is basically in the living room whereas the ones on 10 have a chaise lounge and a small table there. Boy - they had a lot of clothes and shoes in that video.

Thanks, I watched the video. Very helpful. I like how the side balcony is covered. Still hoping for actual pictures if anyone has some they can post!:)

Thanks karenlovesparis. I can't wait to sail again.

Anyone have any recent info on the haunted cabins? :confused:

There are story's of a 46 year old nurse from New Jersey that fell off the Dawn trying to clime over the balcony's to cabin 9560 back in May of 2008 .

" The Blond Lady " as she has been called has been spotted many times over the year's .

When I ask a friend of mine on the ship if she had been spotted lately she snapped back at me " do not talk about her " kind of freaked out about it .

Edited by biker@sea

Thanks, I watched the video. Very helpful. I like how the side balcony is covered. Still hoping for actual pictures if anyone has some they can post!:)

Yes, you get a double hull balcony with that room plus the large front balcony. I still remember the one poster who got a balcony cabin that was hulled on her honeymoon and she said she laid on the bed the whole trip and cried.

The video of 9506 is a bit newer as they put those white living room couches in on the Star and Dawn starting around 2011 to make the OS available for 4. Our kids would get up early and go read on the side balcony - there are both sliding glass doors and curtains between the bedroom and bathroom.

They had condiments like ketchup and mustard in a cabinet plus menus for all the specialty restaurants. There was a thread by BabsterA I believe that had some pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1981192

Note that in some of the referenced videos and room numbers they aren't all correctly matched up.

I dont' have pics of the Dawn, but her sister ship the Star. I just stayed in 9006 and here is the link to my review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2186301

Note the decor will be different, but the layout is the same. Sorry, no news on the haunted room.

Thanks for the link to your review! I'm not very familiar with NCL so I didn't know which ships were sister ships to the Dawn. I really enjoyed all you pics. I got a good feel of what my cabin will be like. I saw the pic of the margarita and pina colada mix. Was that provided with your suite perks? I thought it was the 3 bottles of booze and soda of your choice.

As far as the Haunting goes, I've searched CC every way I can think of to get additional info. I've done several google searches but most lead me back to CC. I'll be seeing my friends this Saturday and will share what I've learned about the ship and cabin #9506. ;)

Yes, you get a double hull balcony with that room plus the large front balcony. I still remember the one poster who got a balcony cabin that was hulled on her honeymoon and she said she laid on the bed the whole trip and cried.

The video of 9506 is a bit newer as they put those white living room couches in on the Star and Dawn starting around 2011 to make the OS available for 4. Our kids would get up early and go read on the side balcony - there are both sliding glass doors and curtains between the bedroom and bathroom.

They had condiments like ketchup and mustard in a cabinet plus menus for all the specialty restaurants. There was a thread by BabsterA I believe that had some pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1981192

Note that in some of the referenced videos and room numbers they aren't all correctly matched up.

Thanks dexddd. I think I read that thread and saw some pics there too. I'm going to show my friend the video on you tube of their cabin. They had an OS on POA a few years back so are already accustom to the "Suite Life"!

Thanks for the link to your review! I'm not very familiar with NCL so I didn't know which ships were sister ships to the Dawn. I really enjoyed all you pics. I got a good feel of what my cabin will be like. I saw the pic of the margarita and pina colada mix. Was that provided with your suite perks? I thought it was the 3 bottles of booze and soda of your choice.

As far as the Haunting goes, I've searched CC every way I can think of to get additional info. I've done several google searches but most lead me back to CC. I'll be seeing my friends this Saturday and will share what I've learned about the ship and cabin #9506. ;)

The mixers and blender came with the suite perks, but I did have to ask for them. I paid nothing extra for any of the booze mixers AND sodas. Also they bring replacements of bottled water and San Pellegrino sparkling water, and will replenish the fruit bowl as it is consumed. You'll get plenty of daily snacks, we often were brought sandwiches and chips, cookies, chocolate covered strawberries, canapes, etc. Enjoy your Owner's Suite, you are going to love it!

There were posts about the "haunting" years ago.

I once asked a staff member about the story, but he denied any knowledge of it. He was probably told to keep quiet.

There hasn't been anything recently that I can find. But should any of my group have a "haunting experience" I'll be sure to post it!:)